Scarborough Renaissance Festival

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Erica and I just got back from the Scarborough Renaissance Festival in Waxahachie, TX. We won free tickets back at All-Con. Anyway, we were only there a partial day and were broke, but we had a good time. :) We ran into our 501st friend (and fellow Bothan Spy) Stephen, who has been doing the RenFest thing for about 10 years now. We watched Falconry, Comedy/Dueling, ate expensive but tasty food, browsed many neat wares, and had our pictures taken as Pirates (we got to dress up and got a tinted sepia-tone photo printed.)

A fun time all around. If anyone happens to be near Waxahachie, it's worth the visit. Also, I know many artisans travel from one Faire to another around the country, in a circuit. I'd recommend checking out a good Faire near you. :)

Warren

star_wars_fan

Infiltrator
Cool, I've been saying that I was going to visit for years now. How was the atmosphere for younger kids? I have a 4 and 6 year old and while they love having dinner at Medieval Times I just wasn't sure what the overall atmosphere was like at that event. Glad to hear you enjoyed it!