Sal Fondacaro Extorts Star Wars Fans!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sal Fondacaro Extorts Star Wars Fans?

Sal Fondacaro, an individual who played an Ewok in ROTJ, recently agreed to participate in a signing with Wattographs, in which he would sign photos that are signed by numerous other Ewok actors. This signing came to an abrupt halt when when Sal allegedly increased the agreed signing fee, and refused to return fans items (signed or not) unless his price was met.

Below is an e-mail sent out by the Wattographs staff to all individuals involved in this signing, detailing the alleged actions of Mr. Fondacaro and the status of the signing (which will go on, minus Mr. Fondacaro).

This statement only represents the words of the Wattographs staff member directly in contact with Sal Fondacaro. At this time Mr. Fondacaro's side of events is unavailable.

"Current Status:
After a very smooth signing with Tony Cox and Michael Gilden we hit a very nasty man in Sal Fondacaro. Sal originally agreed to sign our items and actually got a third of the way through the signing when he decided to change the terms of the signing. Sal decided to increase his price significantly and told me on the phone that that if we wanted the items back we had to pay his price. If we did not pay his price he would keep everything and not return anything. So I gave in and paid for the items he already signed as I would rather have the items back then lose everything. I think you will all agree that you would not be happy with that. So in essence all he signed were the 11x14 photos.

This was a very bad signing as we spent over $100 to ship the items back and forth to him, plus we had to pay his price. Let me just say he is not a very nice individual and someone I never want to deal with again. He even kept 3 of the 16x20 photos and won't return those. Don't worry I have enough to cover all of you. All he did was take 3 photos away from fellow Ewoks who decided to participate in our signing.

In the future I will have steps in place before any future Ewoks will sign. I am planning on having a signed statement agreeing to all terms from each Ewok before I will ship them the items. In the past we have always worked with verbal contracts and have NEVER had a problem, until Sal.

This also means that I don't think we will be getting Phil Fondacaro to sign either. Sal disgusted me so much that I really don't want to deal with his brother Phil.

So what does this mean to all of you? Well the last payment you sent was for Sal and Kevin Thompson. All we are going to do is carry over the Sal payment to our next signer Pam Grizz. For those of you who did get Sal on their photos (11x14 owners) I would ask you help out by paying for the extra Sal charged us. That will be an additional $5 and I ask you pay for Pam as well. I will contact you each individually to see how you feel about paying additional for Sal. If we did not take such a bath on these items I would not be asking for an additional $5 but we really did lose a lot of money on him.

The items are getting packed up and will be sent to Kevin Thompson within the next week or so and then when I get those back I will send them onto Pam."

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
totally wrong. NOT a nice person. Best thing is to avoid him - and warn people about him! That kind of behaviour is just thugish.