RotS Deleted Scene + TV show news

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

Return of the Sith Deleted Scene Shown
Lucasfilm fan relations guru Steve Sansweet brought his Star Wars media show to Chicago this week, which included one of the half-dozen or so deleted scenes from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith that will be included on the DVD coming November 1. The scene takes place in Senator Bail Organa's office. It is a meeting led by Bail and involves five other senators, including Mon Mothma and Padme Amidala, as they discuss the goings on in the Senate. Sansweet referred to it as the 'birth of the rebellion' scene.

The scene opens with an exterior shot of the Senate offices on Coruscant. Inside, the senators are discussing their options in light of Palpatine's chokehold on the Republic.

"We cannot let 1000 years of democracy disappear. Not without a fight," said Organa. "Senator Mon Mothma and I are putting together a group."

"That is enough," said Padme. "Some things are better left unsaid for now."

Padme is clearly put out by the separatist tones in the other senators' voices.

"Maybe you are not clear on the amount of corruption we are dealing with here?" said another senator.

Padme is not so quick to abandon Palpatine, who she states has been a loyal friend and confidant to her and Naboo when she was queen. The group decides that no action will be taken until all parties agree on the proper course and each of the six members of the meeting are sworn to secrecy regarding Bail/Mon Mothma's ideas. All agree.

Sansweet also discussed the two new "Star Wars" television shows coming up in the next few years. Lucasfilm Animation is ramping up fast for the coming 3-D Clone Wars cartoon. The 30-minute long episodes are slated to hit the small screen in 2007, and according to Sansweet will mix new 3D animation techniques with Japanese Amine, which Lucas is said to enjoy. Episodic development is well underway and Sansweet did not rule out the potential for animated full-length feature films in the future.

The "Star Wars" live action show, which will follow the adventures of lesser-known "Star Wars" universe characters, is said to be well behind the development of the cartoon. In a taped short, called The Journey, which Sansweet showed attendees, producer Rick McCallum said the aim with the live action show is to come up with about 100 hours of 'real character driven stuff.'

:)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
I hope they get it right with the DVD this time. Deleted scenes are great and we love to see them, but given the technology of DVD, there should be an option to watch the movie with the deleted bits in place.

Then at least we can get a better feel for how they effect the flow of the movie and maybe understand why they were removed?

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
would be nice if they throw the deleted scenes back in the actual movie but as from the last efforts we know that won't be the case.....

YAY!!!!!!!3000 POSTS!!!!!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Darth Aussie said:
YAY!!!!!!!3000 POSTS!!!!!

Crikey! 3,000 posts!

I don't think they will reintegrate the deleted scenes into the actual movie.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
A bit more from ComingSoon.net ...

Lucas on the Star Wars: Episode III DVD
Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith hits DVD on November 1 and the New York Post talked to George Lucas about what kind of deleted scenes we can expect.

"Most are Senatorial in nature," Lucas said, "Some are about the conspiracy, in terms of starting the Rebel Alliance. But mostly there's lots of beautiful costumes!"

He also talked a bit more about the "Star Wars" TV show, which is in the works along with a new animated "Clone Wars" series.

"There will be a live-action show, but I don't know if it'll be in 2006," he says. "I haven't even started writing the script. It's all minor, minor characters. It's not the Skywalker story at all - that's going on in another part of the galaxy."

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Darth Boru said:
congrats on the 3000 Aussie!!

Its probably too late to even ask GL to include the deleted scenes now?
Just be grateful that they're actually putting the deleted scenes on the DVD instead of putting them only on Hyperspace.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
A dvd without deleted scenes these days is just cheating. Being able to watch the movie back with or without the deleted scenes in place seems a simple enough thing to do. Check out 'The Scorpion King' as an example. For me, that movie made a LOT more sense with the deleted scenes back in!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Darth Boru said:
A dvd without deleted scenes these days is just cheating. Being able to watch the movie back with or without the deleted scenes in place seems a simple enough thing to do. Check out 'The Scorpion King' as an example. For me, that movie made a LOT more sense with the deleted scenes back in!
Ideally, you should be able to do this AND watch the deleted scenes seperately.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Borsk said:
Ideally, you should be able to do this AND watch the deleted scenes seperately.
and play the movie without them in, and play them backwards and upside-down, and replace any actor with yourself playing the part, and ... ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Buzz Bumble said:
and play the movie without them in, and play them backwards and upside-down, and replace any actor with yourself playing the part, and ... ;)
ideally, yes

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
That would be just perfect.....and not too tricky either, given the technology.

Okay, you might look a little wooden, but then, that'd fit right in, wouldn't it? ;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I don't believe I've seen this mentioned, but if you purchase the Revenge of the Sith DVD at Wal-Mart stores, you'll receive an exclusive bonus DVD (while supplies last) called The Story of Star Wars. It includes the hour-long R2-D2 & C-3PO's Chronicles of Luke and Anakin Skywalker documentary.