Rogue Squadron 2

Talon

New Recruit
I had the great opportunity to play this game on the Nintendo GameCube at my local Wal-Mart this afternoon. I can honestly say that I thought it was fantastic! The levels I played consisted of the attack on the Death Star from A New Hope. The first level requires you to destroy a certain number of gun towers. When you succeed you proceed to take on squadrons of TIE Fighters. Finally you go to the Death Star trench run, but I was unable to complete the level.
Graphically the game looked very good. It was a little bit blocky but it is a first generation title on a new system. The detail was there and the ships did look good. I think that a sequel would be downright amazing!
The gameplay was very smooth and fluid. The ship reacted instantly to any imput given on the game pad. The pad itself was very comfortable. The Playstation controller may be the best controller ever but this one was very nice too.
The sound was good but it was difficult to realyy judge as there were many people around and the other noise from customers was loud.
Overall, I think it was a very good game. The system is lucky to have this gem on there. I think it will be a great game for the new Nintendo system. I want to play more of it and give it a true test run.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This has more to do with the actual GameCube.

Panasonic is releasing a version of the GameCube that will play movie DVDs (the standard issue GameCube can't play movies). However, they recently announced that they would only sell this product in Japan. So, if you were looking forward to the Panasonic Hybrid it will not happen in the US apparently.

Rouge Squadron 2 looks very cool. I've enjoyed all of the LucasArts flight sims. Hopefully this new version will be a little more sophisticated than RS1. The graphics look good though.

Redleader

New Recruit
I loved the first one, but I hated the follow-up (Battle for Naboo). I just didn't like running around on the ground most of the game. I like the freedom of being able to fly where ever I want! I'm pumped about the new game. I've been going around looking for a demo, but the only ones I found had Luigi's Mansion playing. My walmart doesn't have a demo unit! I guess I'm just gonna have to wait it out.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
I would buy the Gamecube just to get that game! That's how pathetic I am...sigh

This is pic is for the bank... I'm not sending next months mortgage payment! I'm buying the cube!!!

Attachments

• homer.jpg
    homer.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 338

Redleader

New Recruit
My walmart finally got a demo unit with the game. I played it and couldn't get enough! I love how small the system and games are. I can't wait to get a cube now. My wife says I fell into Nintendo's marketing scheme....:argue:

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Today, I lucked out... I played part of the new SW game for the new GameCube.... Two big thumbs, WAYYY UP!

It was displayed next to the X-Box.... Which was boring, and the graphics were better for the GameCube then bill gates' new money laundering scheme.
If you buy the XBox, it will be obsolete by the time you get it home..:p

I wonder... When you buy a game for the XBox, do you have to go online to download the patches for it?:rolleyes:

Talon

New Recruit
I too think the X-Box is WAY overhyped. There have already been significant problems with bugs, which is no surprise considering it is from Microsoft and I believe runs some sort of Windowsesque program.
If I had to choose I would go PS2 then GameCube.
Still, I wonder how the Obi-Wan game will be for the X-Box?

Redleader

New Recruit
I have a PS2 right now and it rocks! I think that i already said that I want a gamecube, but I couldn't care less about an X-box. Obiwan would be the one game that I would want to play. For me X-box is kinda like a dreamcast. I think that it was overhyped too and it only had one game that was cool that nobody else had and that was Crazytaxi. I feel better now though because they released it on PS2.

X-box can keep its Obiwan if I can have my Rogue Leader!