POTJ R2-Q5 question. Error

BarneyFife

New Recruit
I have bought a potj R2-Q5 from ebay. It is coming in the mail. It has the word Imperial mispelled as Imperal. Although i am an opener, Is this one worth keeping carded.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Hey BarneyFife,
you can open this baby up without a second thought.
Although the figure is somehow difficult to obtain (therefore keeping a good value), the misspelled word: IMPERIAL as IMPERAL was never corrected.
There are quite a bit of sellers benefiting from the figure's misspelled word by creating confusion and advertising it as "rare" or as a "variation." This is only a trick to make some extra cash.
People should not listen to this. The R2-Q5 is just a figure with a misspelling, AN ERROR that never got fixed.
I hope this helps.

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
Unless...........

Barney: Ishi is correct. However, if the card back is an .0300 don't you dare open it up. Just send it to me an you might see the Y-Wing for Christmas. The .03 card is the true variant. :p The standard R2-Q5 is on the .0400 card.

BarneyFife

New Recruit
Please explain how to tell the cardbacks. You see, I still have yet to get my Y-wing from tristran, will give him ONE more week b4 writing a bad trade review of him.

Redleader

New Recruit
.0300 etc.

Look under the Hasbro logo at the bottom of the back of the card. It'll have a bunch of numbers printed out. For example R2-Q5 the number is 571101.0400

The .0400 is the part you need to pay attention to. It shows the run number of the card. There weren't very many R2-Q5s and very few of them came on .0300 cards.

.0300, .0400 is used when a change is made. On POTJ it was used when they updated the available figure pictures on the back.

Hope this helps!