POTJ R2-Q5 question. Error

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BarneyFife, Dec 1, 2001.

1. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

I have bought a potj R2-Q5 from ebay. It is coming in the mail. It has the word Imperial mispelled as Imperal. Although i am an opener, Is this one worth keeping carded.

2. Ishi Tib

Ishi Tib New Recruit

Hey BarneyFife,
    you can open this baby up without a second thought.
    Although the figure is somehow difficult to obtain (therefore keeping a good value), the misspelled word: IMPERIAL as IMPERAL was never corrected.
    There are quite a bit of sellers benefiting from the figure's misspelled word by creating confusion and advertising it as "rare" or as a "variation." This is only a trick to make some extra cash.
    People should not listen to this. The R2-Q5 is just a figure with a misspelling, AN ERROR that never got fixed.
    I hope this helps.

3. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

Thank you. Wasn't sure, I dont care about leaving figures on cards, just didn't know whether i struck gold.

4. Deathstar

Deathstar Visit vacation paradise!

Unless...........

Barney: Ishi is correct. However, if the card back is an .0300 don't you dare open it up. Just send it to me an you might see the Y-Wing for Christmas. The .03 card is the true variant. :p The standard R2-Q5 is on the .0400 card.

5. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

Please explain how to tell the cardbacks. You see, I still have yet to get my Y-wing from tristran, will give him ONE more week b4 writing a bad trade review of him.

6. Redleader

Redleader New Recruit

.0300 etc.

Look under the Hasbro logo at the bottom of the back of the card. It'll have a bunch of numbers printed out. For example R2-Q5 the number is 571101.0400

The .0400 is the part you need to pay attention to. It shows the run number of the card. There weren't very many R2-Q5s and very few of them came on .0300 cards.

.0300, .0400 is used when a change is made. On POTJ it was used when they updated the available figure pictures on the back.

Hope this helps!

7. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

Very much so indeed.
    Thank you.