[Off Topic] Shatner Pitches 'Starfleet Academy' Show

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From ComingSoon.net ...

William Shatner Pitches 'Starfleet Academy' Show
TrekToday reports that William Shatner recently pitched an 'Academy' show to Paramount. The series would feature teen versions of the Classic Star Trek characters Kirk, Spock and McCoy, and be set at Starfleet Academy.

The studio turned Shatner down, but he's not letting go of the idea:
Pocket Books has asked him to write a two-novel series based on the 'Starfleet Academy' concept.

Also, Shatner apparently went over the head of Trek head honcho Rick Berman to pitch his idea straight to the head of Paramount - maybe after Enterprise ends and Berman leaves the franchise, the studio will be more inclined to listen to Shatner?"

Visit TrekToday for more details.

I wonder what it would be called: "Kirk's Creek", "One Transporter Hill", "The OC" (Officers' Campus), "Smallfleet", "Felicispock", "Saved by the Tricorder", "Star Trek: The Pimply Generation", ... :rolleyes:

If done like those shows it could probably get quite a big following, but it wouldn't be "Star Trek".

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Sci-fi involving kids or teenagers is almost always bad. Star Trek needs to take a break for a while.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Star Trek needs to get rid of the two hopeless fools in charge of it before any more shows / movies are made. :(

There's no stories of a new series, but they are still ploughing ahead with the next movie. It's only at the scripting stage so far.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
They should stick with the Original Series/TNG formula for the next expansion of the franchise instead of trying to be cute. I'm also tired of the trend of telling backstories for everything. I don't really want to know about Kirk, Spock and McCoy goofing off at Star Fleet Academy.