"Obi-Wan Is Going Down."

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Ewan battles it out at Laser Quest

«
He may have been dismissive of his links with Star Wars in the past, but never let it be said that Ewan McGregor isn't game for a laugh. The actor helped earn £25,000 for charity this week when he agreed to battle a Scottish entrepreneur at Laser Quest.«
«
Gadget Shop boss Chris Gorman forked out the £25,000 during a charity Burns supper held in London at the weekend. 'It's not the sort of thing that Ewan normally does but I asked him if he would be up for it and he said yes,' explained Gorman, who fancies his chances in the arena with Ewan. 'We want a re-enactment of Star Wars but this time Obi-Wan is going down.' «
Empire Online

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
SECONDS OUT... ROUND WAN Jan 27 2004

Store boss forks out £25,000 to battle Star Wars Ewan with laser guns

By Michael Christie

A BUSINESSMAN has vowed to give £25,000 to charity so he can play a kids' game with Hollywood star Ewan McGregor.

Ewan, who plays Obi-Wan Kenobi in the Star Wars films, will swap his light sabre for a laser pistol to take on Gadget Shop boss Chris Gorman at Laser Quest.

The cash is part of almost £350,000 pledged to Children's Hospice Association Scotland and Sargent Cancer Care at a star studded Burns supper held in London on Sunday.

Laser Quest players wear a breastplate that registers hits from special laser guns.

And Chris said: ''It's not the sort of thing that Ewan normally does but I asked him if he would be up for it and he said yes.

''I haven't decided on whether it will be the kids or the grown-ups that take him on just yet but I'll be in touch.

''It's a fantastic idea and lovely that the money will be going to charity.

''We want a re-enactment of Star Wars but this time Obi Wan is going down.''

Comedian Eddie Izzard bid £2800 for a pair of his 'n' hers kilts made by Galas hie ls-based Lochcarron of Scotland.

Then Burns fan Eddie accepted a £1500 challenge from Ewan, who hosted the bash with Texas lead singer Sharleen Spiteri and comic Fred McAuley, to recite the poem Johnnie Lad, **** Up Your Beaver.

As revealed yesterday, Scots tycoon Tom Hunter paid £250,000 for a private Texas gig.

Hunter had set Sharleen a challenge to play at his Scottish Entrepreneurial Exchange Ball later this year.

Daily Record