New Stuff in New Zealand

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Buzz Bumble, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

The Warehouse branches already have their Christmas chocolate advent calendars on the shelves :rolleyes: including a Star Wars BB-8 one.

2. darthskellington

darthskellington Dark Lord of the Typos

Neat! We're seeing random Halloween stuff now with hints of Christmas items to come.

3. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

One of the local shops that sells art-crafts supplies, cake-making supplies, material, costumes, etc. apparently has one whole aisle of Halloween items and another of Christmas items. :rolleyes:

4. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

The Rogue One toys went on shelves today ... well, technically some branches had them briefly on shelves last week!
    I've seen new Hasbro, HotWheels, and Lego items. I picked up some of the new HotWheels ships, but I see they're being greedy again and re-releasing the old ones on new cards (they've done the same with the Batman TV series vehicles). :mad:

It's school holiday time here, so the usual places have got toys sales (I got the new HotWheels above at 20% off at Farmers, unfortunately they weren't in The Warehouse which has "buy one get one half price"). The Warehouse also advertising some old PlayDoh sets in the bargain bins at NZ$2 each, but I haven't seen those in a branch yet.

5. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

The Rogue One 3 3/4" figures and vehicles are on the shelves at The Warehouse.

The Rebels Season 2 DVD / Blu-ray were also released this week, along with the Rebels Season 1 Blu-ray (for some silly reason that wasn't released down here with the DVD version, except at one online DVD retailer in Australia). Both are available at the usual DVD retailers.

According to a junk email, The Warehouse has some Star Wars stormtrooper ice creams, similar to these from UK supermarket chain Iceland (probably made down here by an Austrlian company under licence):
    [​IMG]

6. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

Now that Christmas and New Year is over (and despite some stores already stocking Easter items!!), the next "big event" here is the start of the new school year, so all the usual stores are advertising their "Back to School" promotions. There's a small pile of Star Wars branded stationery merchandise: pens, erasers, name tags / labels, pencil cases, ring binders, book coverings, lunch boxes, backpacks, etc. Most of it is relatively cheap ... and cheap looking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  7. Buzz Bumble

Buzz Bumble Furry Ewok

The back of a recent issue of New Zealand TV Guide had an advert by Bradford Exchange for this Star Wars Sith vs Jedi Wall Clock:
    [​IMG]
    Although far too expensive at NZ$299.95.

A quick visit to their website shows a few other Star Wars items (I know they've had some others in the past too) among their expensive collectibles:
    [​IMG]
    Star Wars Express Train collection (NZ$149.98 per carriage!)

[​IMG]
    Star Wars Original Trilogy Lamp (NZ$299.95)

[​IMG]
    Star Wars Personalised Welcome Sign (NZ$149.97)