New Classic Star Wars fruit snacks discovered

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Fellow Bothan Spy OneCardShy has discovered new Classic Star Wars fruit snacks at a Tom Thumb grocery store in Arlington, TX. These snacks feature the same Clone Wars snacks in the inside, but a classic A New Hope box design. They come in both 10-pack and 20-pack sizes and feature the Safeway Kitchens logo.

I imagine these can be found at any member of the Safeway family of grocery stores. According to wikipedia, Safway includes:

Carrs-Safeway (Alaska)
Dominick's Finer Foods (Illinois)
Pak'n Save (California)
Safeway Food and Drug (Arizona, Northern California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Maryland, Montana, Nebraska, Northern Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming)
Randall's Food Markets (Texas)
-Simon David
-Tom Thumb Food & Pharmacy
Vons Food and Drug (Southern California, Southern Nevada)
-Pavilions

For more info on Star Wars Fruit Snack collecting, check out our thread here: http://forums.thebothanspy.com/index.php?threads/collecting-star-wars-fruit-snacks.17209/

8034059203_75441860e3.jpg
8034057158_324f438f38.jpg

8034057339_b572bc360e.jpg
8034058714_019cd02ffe.jpg

8034056127_597a765d8c.jpg

pwr25

Spy
oh no!!!! now they have me. I was safe on the others because they were animated. We have none of those stores in Florida.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Let me know if you are really interested, and I can see if I can talk OneCardShy into looking for a pair of boxes for you. We might be able to work out a trade, as a it looks like a lot of the Clone Wars boxes are being reissued in new sizes or with new nutritional info on the front of the box.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I finally made it over to the Martha's Backyard US import store. It's not a big shop, so there's not a huge amount of stuff there. No sign of any Star Wars food items, even though there were Fruit Snacks for Thomas the Tank Engine, Spongebob Squarepants, My Little Pony, Scooby Doo, and Superman, and two Flintstones breakfast cereals. (No Twinkies there either - I did find some in another shop a couple of weeks ago, maybe I'll buy them all up to sell on eBay at $500 each to Twinkie-starved Americans if the company does shut down. ;)).

The only Star Wars items they had were some Darth Vader and R2-D2 tins - arch-shaped tins with either Vader's mask or R2's front embossed into the hinged lid and printed on the back, and a small clip to keep it closed. They're NZ$10 each (about US$8.23), but I don't think they're worth that much.