New Books

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this already, but there are a couple new books out.

I picked up Coruscant Nights II: Street of Shadows at Walmart yesterday.

Books A Million had a new Star Wars Blueprints set from DK. It costs $19.99 (you can probably get it for $14 online), and consiss of a very nice and glossy cardboard slipcase with magnetic latch, and inside are 5 posters/blueprints. They include Weapons (sabers/blasters), the Falcon, Death Star, 3PO & R2, and Vader's Life support. They are full color on glossy paper and have lots of NEW info and details....including an x-ray style blueprint of vader's body detailing his life support apparatus and artificial limbs. Also new deatils on the droids, and a modernized blueprint of the Falcon interior. I believe it is consistent with previous blueprints, but I noticed the escape pods in the rear bay have been tweaked from older blueprints to take up a more realistic space. I seem to recall in old blueprints nearly teh entire rear hold was devoted to escape pods. :p

Overall..a cool set.....something I wouldn't mind picking up for the right price.

Warren

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I know someone at the distribution company here, so I've had both the Dorling Kindersley Visual Guide for The Clone Wars and the Blueprints "book" for a couple of weeks, although again neither have turned up in local book stores here yet, and I hadn't had time to really look at the properly until this weekend.

The blueprints are really double-sided posters about A1 in size and are very good. One side of each poster is the blueprint while the other side has a movie scene and a little bit more information. Being DK books, both are simplified and aimed at youngish kids. I would have liked more blueprints in the set (especially if I was paying full pricefor it!), but maybe there will be other sets in the future. I was also given an extra pre-release / proof version of the Death Star blueprint that I've added to the box, although I don't think there's any difference to the final version (other than being only the blueprint side and not as glossy). :)

I have seen a single copy of the first Coruscant Nights book at two different book stores here in New Zealand, but both too damaged for me to bother buying, and it hasn't turned up at the local Borders or other shops yet. Someone else has seen The Force Unleashed novel, but I haven't. :(

(I'm also waiting for the newest Redwall book Eulalia! to arrive at Borders - that's another one that I have seen very rarely at other shops, but I get weekly discount coupons for Borders.)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Recently I've seen the first two Coruscant Nights books and the Clone Wars novelization.

Keep in mind as well that Karen Traviss' 4th Republic Commando book Order 66 should be out in roughly two weeks.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Borders here have quite a few copies of the hard back adult The Clone Wars novel on display (over-priced as all hard backs are), but I hven't seen it in any other book stores, nor have I seen the kids' version anywhere. There are also kids' activity books for The Clone Wars that haven't shown up anywhere here yet.

I've just realised this topic is in the wrong section: "Cards, CCG & RPG".

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah...this section used to be paper goods.....including cards, magazines, and EU. After the last site revamp.....I don't think mags & books have a specific section anymore. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I did a search on the Border's computer today and found that the first Coruscant Nights book and the Redwall book Eulalia! are both "Special order" books, so they won't be getting copies on the shelves. That means I can't use my weekly coupons and will have to pay (almost) full price via the online bookshop instead. :(