New 12" figures, what do you think?

Aus-wan Kenobi

New Recruit
Hi,
Just had a look at the new 12" figures from Hasbro. Just want to know what everyones opinion is and if they like them. The Boba-Fetts look quite good, but his coveralls are a bit to blue i think. I will be placing my order for one anyway.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I don't mind them at all. looks pretty good actually. Just a shame i'm going to look out for the smaller figs now......

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Jump-starting this discussion.......

I don't own any of the OTC 12" figs, but I think Boba Fett looks pretty decent, the Stormtrooper is all right, and the Luke is about as good as all the other Tatooine Lukes. I've only seen one small pic of Chewie, and it looked almost like a reissue plastic Chewie to me. :(

What does everyone want for E3 12" figs? Since I'm not a completist, I'm hoping for a few really nice looking ones, mainly of the most interesting characters, preferably aliens.

I thought the AOTC 12" line was pretty nice, and relatively small. You had the awesome Deluxe Jango, Dooku, Zam, and i think that's all I bought. But there were also Anakins, a Padme, Obi-Wan, Geonosian, SB Droid, and CLone Troopers.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
the 12" line has never really excited me. i have quite a few but i don't go out of my way to get every one. although there were several nice figures that came along in the saga line, there was also plenty of crap (IMO) which is usually what makes me walk away from that line.

i like the odd ball characters. i was very happy to see the gammorean guard. the bounty hunters were nice but they totally screwed up the boushh leia. the jedi were nice, or would have been nice if anyone could have found a Plo Koon. The VOTC line is nice but that's not a price point that i will continue to support (you know that the votc luke will hit clearance).

note to hasbro: we don't need anymore imperial officers unless you are willing to make them character-specific.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
I liked those Masterpiece Queen Amidala dolls, but only when they were on clearance. The clothing detail was excellent.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Yeah, those Queen Amidalas and Leias were amazing. I also bought them all on clearance. :D Price point just too high.

I mainly like the aliens and other interesting ones. The Gamorrean is one of the line's highlights. I personally like Boushh, although I suppose it could be better done now. It was an early one--I bought that blasted KB 3-pack just to get it.

They've done some great things, but it's all so expensive that you question the initial prices. Out of the three AOTC ones I said I bought, all were purchased on clearance. I think the speeder bikes (including Maul's) are highlights,a long with the Kaadu. Teh Taun Taun still looks funny to me, but is pretty cool nonetheless. I know a lot of people dissed the Dewback for lack of poseablilty, but honestly,what are you gonna do with it? I like it for what it is, if not for what it cost.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
I mainly like the aliens and other interesting ones. The Gamorrean is one of the line's highlights. I personally like Boushh, although I suppose it could be better done now. It was an early one--I bought that blasted KB 3-pack just to get it.

i was talking about the TRU saga exclusive that came with the terrible carbonite han. i'm pretty sure they can still be found at most TRU's even with the price down to around $10.

zam would have been a nice figure to have but that body they used for her as well as padme was really bad.

I also like the exclusives like the speeder bike figures, dewback and so on.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
That 12" Han with Carb was awful. looked like Prince Charles with the big ears. The last Saga was a lot better sculpt....
Good likeness award has to go to the Dooku fig though.....

Nightwing

New Recruit
darthskelington said:
I thought the AOTC 12" line was pretty nice, and relatively small. You had the awesome Deluxe Jango, Dooku, Zam, and i think that's all I bought. But there were also Anakins, a Padme, Obi-Wan, Geonosian, SB Droid, and CLone Troopers.
you like that 12" zam?!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I thought it was decent, albeit not very poseable.

Of course, mine usually stands just to the right and behind my Jango, with her helmet on and the cloth pulled across her face. From where I stand, it's a pretty nice looking helmet and piece of purple cloth. Not to mention the barely visible gray eyes peering out. :p