Movie Quotes Game

Barada

Saboteur
Let's start a new game, that I don't think we've seen so far here. Post a movie quote from a non-SW film, and the person to correctly answer gets to post their quote. Bonus bragging rights if you can name the person saying the quote in the movie.

I'll start with my new signature line.

"5 minutes is enough to put a man over down here..."

Barada

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I know, I know. :spin:
Not that I've seen that movie (I only vaguely remember them making it - it's pretty obscure).

But I'll let someone else have a change to answer first since I don't actually bother watching non-Star Wars movies that closely and won't be able to give another worthwhile quote.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Barada said:
Let's start a new game, that I don't think we've seen so far here. Post a movie quote from a non-SW film, and the person to correctly answer gets to post their quote. Bonus bragging rights if you can name the person saying the quote in the movie.

I'll start with my new signature line.

"5 minutes is enough to put a man over down here..."

Barada
John Carpenter's The Thing(1982) Nauls(T.K. Carter)

"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms."

Barada

Saboteur
Wow, very impressive Zepp - not only correct source and character, but the actor too. I'll let someone else answer yours.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Zepp said:
"Greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms."
Michael Douglas spoke this line in Wall Street.

-------------

"You think I'm a thief? You see, I'm not the thief. I'm not the one charging 85 cents for a STINKING SODA. You're the thief. I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer."

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Buzz Bumble said:
This is a VERY easy game to "cheat" at ... as long as the quote is typed correctly. :)

shhh... don't say that, now I have to intentionally put mistakes in my quotes...

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Borsk said:
"You think I'm a thief? You see, I'm not the thief. I'm not the one charging 85 cents for a STINKING SODA. You're the thief. I'm just standing up for my rights as a consumer."

Falling Down (1993) William Foster (Michael Douglas)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't care about money. I am pulling back the curtain. I want to meet this wizard.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
"Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable."

Bonus question: find the link between this quote and the last one

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Detective Lt. William Somerset (Morgan Freeman) Se7en

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman."

sentinal

Hunter
Yoda Man said:
Detective Lt. William Somerset (Morgan Freeman) Se7en

"She's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry Norrington, just like she promised. And you get to die for her, just like you promised. So we're all men of our word really... except for Elizabeth, who is in fact, a woman."
Pirates of the Caribbean, Johnny Depp(Captian Jack Sparrow) speaking to Orlando Bloom(Will Turner).

"Man I really don't want to go to a party with a bunch of people from high school.
I know dude but this is Britney Kiasers party and I really really want to F%^k her!"

*to guys talking*

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Borsk said:
"Anyone who spends a significant amount of time with me finds me disagreeable."

Bonus question: find the link between this quote and the last one

Bonus answer: most people find Michael Douglas disagreeable... jk (but after three Douglas quotes in a row completely justifiable) The Director of Seven (or Se7en as it can also be typed) is David Fincher, in 1995 it was his first big movie. He then outdid himself with a thriller in 1997 called The Game... Now we just need a quote from Fight Club to finnish off his big three...

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Zepp said:
Bonus answer: most people find Michael Douglas disagreeable... jk (but after three Douglas quotes in a row completely justifiable) The Director of Seven (or Se7en as it can also be typed) is David Fincher, in 1995 it was his first big movie. He then outdid himself with a thriller in 1997 called The Game... Now we just need a quote from Fight Club to finnish off his big three...
...or Alien3