Mace Windu is already dead

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
This is from SciFi.com ...
JACKSON WRAPS EPISODE III
The Dark Horizons Web site reported that Samuel L. Jackson has wrapped his final scenes in the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III. Jackson, who reprises the role of Mace Windu, reportedly finished shooting in Sydney on July 24.

The site added that Jackson may return for pickup shots. Episode III, the final chapter in the prequel trilogy, continues to shoot Down Under.
If Samuel L. Jackson has already finished his scenes then hat would seem to inidcate that either Mace Windu dies pretty early in Episode III and/or is in very few scenes.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Yep, but he can't have filmed that many scenes, so either he doesn't last very long or he's just not in much of the movie. :)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
It looks like Dark Horizons got it wrong. The latest news is that Samuel L. Jackson is just "on leave" from Australia and will go back to film Mace Windu's death scenes. :)

TK-007

New Recruit
If Samuel L. Jackson has already finished his scenes then hat would seem to inidcate that either Mace Windu dies pretty early in Episode III and/or is in very few scenes.

Though the fact that Sam is done shooting for now doesn't really indicate he dies early on, Lucas stated on the AOTC dvd commentary that Windu dies at the end of the Clone Wars, and we all know the Clone Wars end at the beginning of the movie, so it's no surprise that Windu dies early on.

My geuss, he fights and kills Dooku, and than Assaj Ventress (Rick MC did state in his first Hyperspace chat that new characters from the Clone Wars cartoons are going to be in Episode 3 and being that Assaj was designed for Episode 2 originally she has the best chance of being in the film) fights and kills Windu, and then the Federation ship they're fighting on blows up. :cool:

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Can't say I'll be hugely disappointed to see Mace go early. While he is undoubtedly a great actor, I felt that there was something lacking in his lightsabre scenes....a bit like he just didn't really know how to handle one.

I know its explained as something like 'he's so powerful he dispatches enemies with the minimum of effort', but that just doesn't ring true on watching the movie. There is little of the fluid movement shown by others using Lightsabres.

I would be surprised if a scene where Dooku is killed by Windu could be made convincing. Given the expertise shown by each actor in EpII, Dooku is much more likely to be the victor in a lightsabre battle.

Anyway, I'll get off my soap box now :p

TK-007

New Recruit
First of all, the other actors who actually had lightsaber duels in AOTC had either done it before (like Christopher Lee who has done more sword fights onscreen than any other actor alive) and/or they were stunt doubles, and/or they were trained for it, Samuel L didn't have the training because he didn't need it for his minimum amount of action in the film.

He had to learn over 90 new sword moves for his duel in Episode 3, so believe it when you hear he's going down in a "blaze of glory".

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I have nothing to base this on, but it seems logical to me that palpatine would use anakin to get rid of dooku. perhaps mace gets to fight sidious? seems like i read somewhere that there's a chance we will see sidious use a saber.

TK-007

New Recruit
Yes I once thought that too, but it seems pretty clear now that Mace and Dooku both die very early on.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
My theory is Dooku is playing Palpatine. He wants to destroy the Republic so a clean government can be put in its place, most likely a galactic gov't run by the Jedi. Some of the Jedi support Dooku and to prove he is telling the truth he betrays the leader of the Sith to the Jedi. The Rebel Jedi go to confront Palpatine and as Dooku attempts to strike down the Sith Lord Anakin takes him from behind. Seeing the traitors in the chambers Anakin proceeds to take them out receiving numerous injuries while doing so, but the force holds him together. He is then put back together by Palpatine and we see the face of Vader...

TK-007

New Recruit
You don't have Hyperspace do you? Anakin receives his injuries in a duel with Obi-Wan just like we've always believed.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
I can dig that... Obi Wan duels the kid and leaves him alive, just barely, but the problem is who kills Dooku and Mace? Does anyone think a choreographer could make it believable for Hayden to kill either of them? I mean other than stabbing Dooku in the back I don't think it would be possible, even if it was possible for him to be stabbed in the back without sensing a disturbance in the force...

but come on, who is going to get those two, or does mace take out Dooku and then dissappear on a mission never to return (but possibly to be explored in the expanded universe)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Maybe Dooku takes out Mace, then turns on Sidous, who produces a sabre and dispatches him, leaving a vacuum for Anakin to fill.

There are a squillion possibilites, all as plausible as the next.

I just wanna see a good fight

:vader: