Votes: 4 50.0%
  • LOTR

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Like them both equal

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Nightwing

New Recruit
Now, I know this might be a bit biased on these boards, :p but here goes anyway:

During the chat last Thursday, I brought up the matter of which you thought was better so far: the Lord of the Rings trilogy, or the Star Wars prequel Trilogy. So far, we've(or at least those of us who have seen LOTR- and I recommend it to EVERYONE)seen one of each film, so are on equal terms- even though the scales might be tipped in favor of SW, what with the trailers and all the publicity, while me have to wait for December for the next installment of LOTR.

But I gotta say, as much as I liked Ep. I, LOTR comes out tops for me. It has such a stellar cast- two Sirs, Sean Bean, Viggo Mortensen, Hugo Weaving, and a dual player that is in both SW AND LOTR- Christopher Lee. True, I'd rather take natalie Portman over Liv Tyler, but at least there are no "YIPEEE"'s in this film.

Special FX aren't as good as ILM, that's true- nothing is as good as ILM, but still, they are a sight to behold, and as for the locations in New Zealand- absolutely breathtaking. I just can't wait for the 4-hour DVD.

And please- don't bite! :guns:

ramthx

New Recruit
well i would have to say that LOTR was a good film effects were not as good as ILM but has u say u wouldn't expect it to be as ILM are the best in the business..i enjoyed episode 1 and saw it only 4 times, it is a kids film but thats what George Lucas meant it to be he has die hard fans going to see it then the kids they loved Jar Jar i took my little cousin on the 3rd time i sent it and he was Jar Jar crazy it did take me a while to make him understand that Anakin is Darth Vader (Opps hope i have not spoiled it for anybody lol)..

all i can say i'm looking forward to the 2nd Star Wars Film Attack Of The Clones and from what i have seen of the trailers so far its gonna kick LOTR once and for all..It's strange but u like me are excited about the new film but i would have to say i,m not really bothered about Lord Of The Rings (proper Star Wars Fan).

"may the force b with you always".
:uk: