Lord of the rings on DVD

everett

New Recruit
Yeh it's a Star Wars forum but when you think about one you see all the similarities with the other. The reason for this post is to let people know there is a Bootleg DVD of LOTR out. I was at a farmers market here in New Jersey checking out the VCD dealers and seeing if anything might be worth getting. Two kids, a wife and a business don't allow for enough time to go to movies so I was looking for some new titles. I see this guy with a sign DVD's $10.00 so I figure let me check him out see what he has. First thing I see is LOTR on top. I figured it was another cheap VCD copy like I already bought with a so so picture and not the greatest sound. I open the box and it contained a DVD (not the 3 VCD's like I bought before). I ask him if it is a legit DVD and he of course reply's yes. So I figure what could be the worst that happens it's $10 so I pick it up. Low and behold I sit the family down to watch it and it's a legit DVD of the movie with special features, dolby surround and subtitle choices. Needless to say I'll go back again to get other titles he had. So keep a look out at your flea markets. $10.00 is nothing for a DVD of a movie that probably won't find it's way onto shelves until Christmas. Before anyone points out the fact that yes these dealers are doing something illegal (yes we are aware of it) think about getting a DVD of Episode 2 for $10.00 a month or two after it comes out instead of buying the video then 9 months later the DVD and then 2 years later the Special Edition (gee what company wopuld do something like that)