Last Of The Jedi: R4-m9 Variation Found

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Hey guys,
I was lucky enough to purchase 3 of these cards and lo and behold, I found a variation dealing with the astromech droid's cardboard cell, its card.

The variation is as follows:

<center>CARD NUMBER: PN 6098590800</CENTER>
<CENTER>WARNING SIGN</CENTER>
There is a warning sticker on these cards to be found which has been obviously replaced very fast by Hasbro using a printed warning sign.

Both variations have the same production number as well as everything else except for the AGES 4+ writing. Here is the deal:

WARNING STICKER CARD: AGES 4 + sign is printed and located toward the bottom left corner of the card

PRINTED WARNING CARD: AGES 4 + sign is located between the end of the printed warning and the card's blister, very close to the blister itself.

<CENTER>THE TEST</CENTER>

The one card I opened was in fact a sticker warning one, so it was then I found the courage to peel off the sticker from the card and find out what was underneath it. The test revealed there was no writing of any source under it, just the plain black and green cardboard. I guess Hasbro had forgotten the warning sign and applied the warning stickers to the already produced cards while making sure it was printed on the next batch.

Check out the revealing pictures at the bottom whic I have just taken and keep an eye on the sticker version cards which will definitely be the hardest ones to come by.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
r4-m9 variation

Attachments

• 0000000powerofthejedivariationmain.jpg
    0000000powerofthejedivariationmain.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 433

Deathstar

Visit vacation paradise!
R4-M9

Thanks for the info Ishi.

I opened my case and found three with printed warning and one with the warning sticker pasted over AGES 4+. The pasted sticker seems to be a little shorter than the printed warning.
All Asst. Numbers, P/N and stamped code numbers are the same.

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
Thanks for your reply and info Deathstar, which comes to prove exactly what we had previously discussed; the warning sticker version is the short run version and it will definitely become a hard one to locate, first it is the last wave from this line and last waves have always proven to be tough finds and second the replacement of the sticker for a printed version was done very quickly, leading to believe not many of the stickered cards were produced.

vfermi

Consultant
for the record

Just wanted to state that ISHI was the FIRST one to post this (including pix)... I noticed other sites have picked up on it recently. Just shows that he's pretty observant... way to go buddy.:guns:

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
The stickered version being the first release should increase in value in the secondary market as it will be more scarce. Since Hasbro switched to the printed version almost immediately, I believe it is safe to say this card was produced in lower numbers thus making it more difficult to allocate. Some rumors say it is the other way around and that actually the stickered version has been released at a higher scale than the printed one. But, I truly think this is not the case ... The reason why the card was given a sticker was to signal its temporary missing warning label, why will Hasbro go into the process of creating a printed version, replacing the stickers and stamping the cards only produce them at a lower scale? but..you never know