Kingdom of Heaven

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I missed this movie in the theaters. This is partially due to the fact that I heard the theatrical release of the movie wasn't very good and that there was a director's cut version of the movie on that way. This means that I also skipped the initial DVD release of the theatrical version. The other day I purchased the director's cut of the film (which is a 4-disc extended version) and I recommend it to people that liked Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and are interested in the Crusades.

Not having seen the previous version of the film, I can't compare the director's cut to it. The extended cut is worth the watch though. The extended version has about the same running time as an extended LOTR movie (a little over 3 hours).

Liam Neeson is in the movie (if you need a Star Wars connection).

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
I actually like the theatrical release (had a friend borrow the DVD to me). I'll have to check out the extended version to see what was originally cut...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Glad you mentioned this. I haven't seei either version....but i've ben contemplating getting the inital dvd for $5 used at Movie Gallery (like a Blockbusters). Perhaps I shall stay my hand.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Best Buy had a 10% coupon this weekend - which I used to get the director's set (probably saved tax). The director's set is pretty cool. I've liked all the special edition sets of Ridley Scott movies so far (Gladiator, Black Hawk Down and now Kingdom of Heaven).

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The movie is not entirely historically accurate. Much of the point of the movie is to make a statement about current world issues. Christians are made to look a little worse than some might want and Muslims are made to look a little better than some might want. I guess "tolerance" would be the word.

Plus it's got cool fights scenes and looks pretty. :)