Kansas City Lights Shine For me tonight

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by BarneyFife, Oct 15, 2001.

1. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

Went to Kansas City this weekend. Popped by a Toys are Us. No interceptor, barely any POTJ figures, most had been bought up. And about 40 $2 mauls. Any ways they had some REALLY cool world war 2 figures, in 3 different sizes. Really wish i had bought a couple in 3 3/4 size,,,,, .
    Went to a target, Bought two B-wings, they were the last two they had though, and the figures that they had were peg warmers. Went to a KB toys in the mall, Bought the only K-3po not much there really. Went to two K-marts, both had lots of figures from the Mon Calamri office wave, wait, Mon Calamri officer is about all they had. I wish now i would have got one. Went to a wal-mart, had some sabes and Bespin police.
    Went to a wal-mart in Paola, Sabe andBespin is about all. Keep in mind that all of these stores Excpet the paola and one k-mart were in Jhonson County (the ritsy fancy type county) KANSAS side.
    Also Kansas is in the midwest.

2. Borsk

Borsk Administrator Staff Member

The Target in Olathe (Johnson County) had 8-10 B-Wings. They didn't have very many figures and the figures that they had consisted primarily of Ketwol.

3. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

The target i went to ahd like a grocery store, and everything el;se. It had a walmart super center on a Plaza next to it. It had a KB toys on the same plaza, but they were closed. Are we talkign about the same target?

4. Borsk

This Target was off of Mur-Len Rd. It was a "Super Target", so it was set up like a Super Walmart or Hypermart (groceries, etc). I'm not sure what other stores were in the same area, but it's very close to AMC 30 Theaters in Olathe.

The B-Wings in that store were on the far endcap (seperate from the figs) and weren't very easy to notice.

They had:
    Ketwol
    Mon Calamari Officer
    Sabe
    Duros
    Coruscant Guard
    Bespin Guard
    and the B-Wings

I was dissapointed in the amount of figs that they had. It was basically 2 columns of half-empty pegs.

5. BarneyFife

BarneyFife New Recruit

I the B-wing i found were right under the figures. Is the amc 30 theateres near pizza stop or soemthing and kinda down the road from a big Trucking line?

6. Borsk

There is only one Target in Olathe, AFAIK. If you travel North on Mur-len, the road will start to curve towards the NE (at this point, Mer-Len is right next to I-35). On your right, you will see AMC 30 and after you drive a little further down Mur-Len, you will see the Super Target (on the right again).

I don't know anything about a pizza stop or a "big trucking line" being in that same area. It's possible that they are and I just didn't notice them. I'm not going to remember any other landmarks around this Target because I don't go to this area very often. Their selection sucked anyway. :rolleyes: