Jabba figure

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Look waht i found at Jedidefender.com

"Our friends at Galactic Hunter posted some pictures this weekend of the upcoming Saga Jabba the Hutt here. This picture look like it is a repaint of the Jabba Glob version and fits in with what forum member Jimmy said a few months in our Saga forums. A detailed picture which will debut in the Insider Issue #71 should be out within the next few weeks. So stay tuned for further confirmation."

Attachments

• 1762-small_saga_jabba.jpeg
    1762-small_saga_jabba.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 311

Barada

Saboteur
The folks at galactichunter.com, where this pic originated, stress that this may not be the final product. With it being so early in development, it could just be an early test shot.

Still, this is long overdue, and I would think anticipation is going to be very high.

Barada

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
While a new sculpt would be nice, past Jabbas have shown that they can be disasters too. The Jabba Glob is a well done sculpt, and a detailed paint job would make it look great.

imperialoutpost

New Recruit
The worst Jabba IMHO was the Special Edition one that came with Han Solo, but considering how terrible the CGI Jabba looked it's not too far off...

The Jabba glob one is a really detailed model, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the Saga one comes out with. I have high hopes!

Barada

Saboteur
The last I heard on this was that it was going to be a repainted Jabba glob with a couple of minor modifications, such as an opening in the mouth to stick his pipe in.

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Throw in Salacious Crumb and a battered C3PO. More value in the pack for what they charge i reckon.....

imperialoutpost

New Recruit
Originally posted by Barada
The last I heard on this was that it was going to be a repainted Jabba glob with a couple of minor modifications, such as an opening in the mouth to stick his pipe in.

That would be a real shame - there must be so many possibilities of modelling a great looking Jabba, not that the glob one was bad - it would just have been nice to see someone elses take on it...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
judging by the picture that was in the last insider, he is very similar to the jabba glob which is fine by me. he has a better paint job and slime has been added dripping from his mouth. he also has a tongue, that i'm hoping is removable, sticking out the left side of his mouth. he is also holding his pipe in his left hand which makes me think that there was an alteration to the hand to allow him to hold it. the space where the two parts fit together on the glob does not look as bad which i would assume means that he is of one mold.