In or out of boxes ??????

Aus-wan Kenobi

New Recruit
Hi,
I just bought seven 12" figures on ebay from the U.S. , they are all in their boxes and have never been removed (the figures are quite recent, not vintage). I like to display things out of there boxes so that you can actually see the item and have a good look at it. I was wondering what your view is either dont touch them and leave them in their boxes, or take them out for everyone to see.

Barada

Saboteur
For 12", due to cost, space, and sometimes availability, I keep them all boxed.

Now, for 3 3/4", that's another matter. Two of everything - one to open, one to keep carded.

Barada

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Totally up to you. Enjoy them which way you like. I'm thinking about moving on with 12" and just concentrating with 3 3/4 anyway..I keep mine Carded and boxed btw.... :D

:aussie:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I open all of mine 4" & 12" alike. Most 12" figs are pretty dipslayable in the box, though. Boxes also keep them clean, which can make a difference when dealing with cloth outfits, especially white ones. But, they are much more fun out of the package.

12" line is a mixed bag. Some are amazing, some are okay, and some just suck. I focus on neat ones, mainly the Aliens and droids. Haven't bought much since Episode I though. Too expensive. Clearance is the way to go.

If it makes you happy then you should take them out. You'll never have fun collecting if you worry too much about resale value. If you remove them carefully and take good care from sun dust and children all should be fine.

Don't you ever dare remove an original from the 70s though. Thats sacreligious. :)