I'm off to see Revenge of the Sith

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Just back.......all spoilers withheld :)

IT ROCKS!!!!!! AWESOME!

No boring messing about with Pod Races or the like.

Action and plenty of it.

Some of the 'loose ends' are 'tied up' a bit quick, but I reckon overall its a worthy finale (or middle) to the Saga.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
By the way, if anyone reads this just before going to see ROTS....a word of warning -

DO NOT,

I repeat

DO NOT, under ANY circumstances be tempted to buy a large drink. You WILL regret it...

You have been warned.....nuff said!

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I'm still in limbo here as to when I'll see it, but SOON! However, when I got off work today I drove by the local small theater and saw two people in line already--at 3:30 pm! I mean, this is small town Texas. The rest of th eline probably didn't show up for another 6 hours. But, they had their lawn chairs and ice chests, so they were prepared.

Still, eight hours in line just to get into a movie you already have tickets too is a little absurd. It's almost as bad as standing outside in freezing 30 degree weather in the rain for 5 hours just to see George Lucas for 20 minutes. Losers. :looking:

Durge

Under the Armor
Darth Aussie said:
It certainly rocks alright! Non Stop action, good story lines.... and only one scene of Jar Jar!!!!!!!!!

Tell me please, did any of the jedi or sith slice this piece of crap in two ?!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Seen it.

Jar Jar has about as much screen time as Lucas does in his cameo. I think that should answer your question.

Barada

Saboteur
Yup, Barada was at the midnight premiere too. :)

A little graphic in spots, but not where I expected it to be (well, except for Anakin's downfall on Mustafar). Definitely NOT for young children to see. My son is a SW junkie, but he will not be seeing this for a long time.

As for Jar Jar, he was actually in TWO scenes. When Anakin and Obi-Wan first return to Coruscant with Palpatine, Binks is among the crowd of senators welcoming them. Then, you see him at the end in more of a closeup. He does NOT have any dialogue though.

I can say that there are a number of missing scenes. Most notable are any and all scenes involving Mon Mothma. She is MIA in this movie - and she is involved in an important establishing scene of the beginnings of the Rebel Alliance which Lucas apparently didn't find necessary to include. :(

Some things were not explained as well as they were in the novel. The whole reason behind the Clone Wars wasn't elaborated on, yet it is a brilliant plot twist. Count Dooku's duel with Anakin and Obi-Wan didn't last nearly as long as one would think after reading about it.

I also didn't like the dialogue given to Super Battle Droids at the beginning of the movie. It made them look cartoonish. Did the same guy voice Nute Gunray? It sounded alot different.

However, overall, I give the movie two huge thumbs up. Anakin's transformation at the end, and the assassination of the Jedi in particular, were spine-tingling and gave me goosebumps.

Barada

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The extermination of the jedi was probably the best segment, although there were also some good Yoda moments.

The first 15 minutes of this movie kinda scared me. I was worried that the rest of the movie was going to suck as much that opening segment. It was just a CG showcase. I'd say all the prequels have had very weak opening scenes (nothing near the impact of the OT openings scenes). I would have much rather cut some of that out and seen a further explanation of communing with dead jedi or something involving the leaders of the rebellion.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
********spoilers*********

Borsk said:
The extermination of the jedi was probably the best segment, although there were also some good Yoda moments.

Yeah, those scenes with the Jedi were upsetting. :(

I really liked the beginning, I thought it was quite funny, although you could tell R2 was CGI. I liked that it showed the playful relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Obi wasn't yelling at Ani all the time like he was in the last one.

Hayden shirtless was a very nice scene as well. :D

I thought Padme was acting like June Cleaver some of the time, but she was great at the last third of the film.

Some of the Palpy scenes made me giggle, and I don't think that was the intended effect, he just looked so wrinkly and funny. :p

It gets 5 wookiee cookiees out of 5. :ufo:

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
The Palpatine Wizard of Oz "I'm melting" scene was a little over the top. I think that's what you're talking about.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Do you think it could have been a little longer? like it was rushed in parts of the film? More battle scene time would have been good.....

JediSearch

S.C.A.L.P. Special Ops
Darth Aussie said:
Do you think it could have been a little longer? like it was rushed in parts of the film? More battle scene time would have been good.....

Yeah, it was over too fast.