I spy something green?

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
4474def715b16b.jpg

Can you spot any spies in the latest Insider?​

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I could be mistaken but I believe everyone in that photo is a registered Spy :D You've also got three hard-core Spies in the mix and one freak with a purple mohawk. ;) Woohooo!

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Hey Guys! That's awesome! :eek: Wish I could have been there with ya! :( Did you know that photo was going to be in the magazine?

RYAN-J :cool:

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Woo jooo, I am in the photo. I could have use it for my 20th aniversary reunion of my high school a few weeks ago. :)

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
Great photo. Was there a caption or story that tied into the phoht. (Sorry I let my subscription expire when they FORCEd Hyperspace down my throat)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
We didn't know we would get published, but we did know that Mark had sent in the photos and a letter to Bantha Tracks in hopes of publication.

Pictured from L to R: Mike, Matt, Warren (Skel), Erica (Wookiee Cookiee), Mark, John & his son Alex (Alec?), Jose (IG-PPO), and Kevin (Megatron).

For those wondering, Wookiee Cookiee was once a moderator at both The Bothan Spy and a Yahoo Star Wars Fan Group. Back at Celebration 3, both groups met briefly for lunch one day. At CIV, attendees from both sites hung out together on a daily basis, enjoying a late night game of SW Trivial Pursuit, ate at Mel's Diner and Bob's Big Boy, and viewed the handprints in front of the Chinese Theater. Thanks in part to Wookiee Cookiee's many contests and giveaways, many of the Yahoo group members have been registered Bothan Spies for years now. :D

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
The photo as captioned 'The Star Wars Fan Group unleashed in LA!'

The letter accompanying it was as follows (and was edited somewhat for length from Mark's original):

A FAN'S TALE

I'd like to share some photos and stories of a
stellar group of fans. We are all members of a Yahoo Group called The Star Wars Fan Group.

There are currently 97 members with an average of over 630 posts per month. We formed in May 2005 when a large segment of our members came from an older Star Wars club in Yahoo. That club experienced technical difficulties and we started the new site for a fresh, spam-free beginning.

Many of us have grown to be great friends, as often happens when you get
this many passionate fans together in one place, even in cyberspace. A
handful had met up at Celebration III and we decided to try again at
Celebration IV. It was a huge success! We had quite a turn out and an awful lot of fun.

Our membership keeps growing and we've already agreed to try to have an even bigger presence at Celebration V! We have overseas membership: one of our members who attended CIV with us is from Puerto Rico, and another is
an American stationed outside the U.S. who made the journey to join in the fun!

Mark Seeley, Pittsburgh, PA