Hulk VS (new DVD)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I picked up the new Marvel animated movie Hulk VS this past week and finally watched it. I have to say it is a really good movie, and I highly recommed it to everyone.

It actually consists of 2 short movies: Hulk VS Thor, and Hulk VS Wolverine.

Both are well done. Without going into to much detail, the first one involves Hulk winding up in Asgard, and has Thor, Loki, Enchantress, and other Asgardian mainstay characters. I've never really been into Thor, but this was a good intro to Asgard, which seems true to the comics. I liked how it gave a very Lord of the Rings atmosphere.

There is also a preview of the upcoming Thor animated movie, which takes a look back at the younger years of Thor, Loki, Sif, etc, and looks to be a very promising movie.

Hulk VS Wolverine is more of a Wolverine movie than Hulk. I'm guessing the story touches on many of the Hulk vs Wolverine comics of years past, as well as Wolvie's first appearace in Hulk 181. The story is set before Wolverine's time with the X-Men. It is after he escaped from the Weapon X program and when he is working for Canada's Department H. It touches heavily on Wolverine's past. It has appearances from other Wolverine villains, and takes a little liberty making two of them Weapon X operatives when they actually were not, which is a minor change. There is also a cool reference X-23, a character I know little about but a cool ret-con nonetheless.

If they made a live action version of this that looked and played out like this, fans would rejoice. Go check it out. For anyone who was disappointed with Ultimate Avengers 2, Invinvible Iron Man, or even Doctor Strange, this will change your mind about Marvel animation.

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
Thanks for the review. I will put in my Netflix list. :)

X-23 is a character that first appeared in X-Men:Evolution series from the WB. Like Harley Quinn from Batman, the character was so popular that she make the jump to the comics.