Hand made Tantive IV

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I tried to post this the other day and Explorer crashed my computer. I tried again over the weekend and their website was down :rolleyes:
... so third time lucky ...

Someone has created this hand made model of the Tantive IV / Blockade Runner that is 135cm x 45cm x 35cm (53.1in x 17.7in x 13.8in) and weighs in at around 9kg (19.9lbs) ... and it's for sale if you've got a big enough bank balance.

img06a.jpg
img01a.jpg

There's more images at ThePrivateUniverse.co.uk. :)

It says the same person has made a Jawa Sandcrawler model as well, but I can't find any more information or images of that one.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
WOAH! That's cool! Is it scaled to Action figure size like the sandcrawler was? I'm quessing not, As it would have to be HUGE. Still it's a great job.

RYAN-J

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
There actually is an action figure scaled Tantive IV made by a guy named Michael Fright. You can probably find pics by googling his name. It is so big that he uses a flatbed tractor trailer to move it. (the truck is called the "Darth Hauler" and is painted with Darth Maul type markings.)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
RYAN-J;77323 said:
WOAH! That's cool! Is it scaled to Action figure size like the sandcrawler was? I'm quessing not, As it would have to be HUGE. Still it's a great job.

RYAN-J

If this model is 4 feet long, that would make it about the same size as teh original model they used in the film. I saw that at the Houston exhibit this summer. :D

I'd say that would make it about scale to the 1" Action Fleet, or maybe even the Micro Machines mini-figs.