Games and Such

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm curious if anyone out there plays computer games and what sort of games you're into.

This doesn't have to relate to Star Wars. For example, I used to play Diablo 2 all the time and I popped it in the other night just to see if my characters were still alive. :D

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else is into this sort of thing and what you guys like to play. Also, are there any upcoming games that you're looking forward to?

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
I love PC games. The two I love the best from the SW games are Rebel Assault 2 and Jedi Knight (including Mysteries of the Sith)!

Other titles I like are Soldier of Fortune, Kingpin and Bladerunner. I wish I could get more, but the prices for games here are outrageous!:fume:

Redleader

New Recruit
I have The Sims, Simcity 3000, and Rainbow Six. I don't have any SW games on PC, but I do on game consoles. I love a lot of the games that are available for PC and console like Doom, Tony Hawk, Tomb raider, Indiana Jones etc.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking of going back to FPS for a bit. It's been a long time since I played Quake 3 and this new game - Return to Castle Wolfenstein looks pretty good.

I still remember the original Wolfenstein games back on the Apple II+. It's amazing how good some of those games were for the times. Like the Wizardry series, Zork, Mystery House, etc.

Which reminds me....Wizardry 8 is coming out soon. They just got a distributor not too long ago. Unfortunately, it's been in production for so long that the game probably won't be up to par. :yawn:

My favorite Star Wars game was Tie Fighter and even though it took a month to finish a game, I liked Rebellion too.

Talon

New Recruit
I have a few but I would rather play games on a console. I am hoping Santa realizes what a good boy I've been and finally brings me that Playstation2 I have been asking for. I would hate to think that I sat on his lap for nothing :evil:
What I have for PC is
Shadows Of The Empire
Rogue Squadron
X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter (or something like that)
NHL '99
NHL '00

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Playstation 2:
A friend of mine has one and the games that I've really enjoyed on it are NBA Street, Madden 2k2, Dave Mira Freestyle BMX, and Gran Turismo 3. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 looks pretty cool as well. It's a nice machine, especially if you don't own a DVD player.

Myself...I've always been loyal to Nintendo, so I'll probably get the Game Cube sometime down the road. I'll be looking for games like Rouge Squadron 2, Metroid Prime, Zelda...that sort of thing. And for those that didn't know, Panasonic is making a version of the Game Cube that will allow you to view regular movie DVDs (the normal game cube will not).

I'm more or less into PC games anymore though. AmShak and I used to play Quake3 all the time back in the day. Perhaps in the future we can organize some sort of big multiplayer game with a bunch of people from the boards. Star Wars Galaxies sounds perfect for this...

Attachments

• roguesquadron2_screen009.jpg
    roguesquadron2_screen009.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 297

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Rogue Spear, and I used to really like the Sims, but now I play it only a little. I was sick of the expansion sets.

Besides. Computer games are too addicting for me.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I've got most of the Star Wars games for the Mac (or Windows when there's no Mac version), but I don't often have time to really play them and I'm not that good at them anyway ... although I have completed Pit Droids and almost finished DroidWorks (both from LucasLearning, but they're not really "Edutainment" games). I also played the demo level of Jedi Outcast before buying it, but wasn't able to kill off the end-of-level baddie with my dying mouse and the slow frame rate on my ageing computer.

I've also finished Star Wars: The New Droid Army on the Gameboy Advance.

For non-Star Wars games, I finished my brother's copy Diablo, but never got around to playing the sequel (which he's now sold). I also got most of the way through Commandos a couple of years ago, before he sold that.

This afternoon I just finished The Hobbit on the Gameboy Advance, and I've finished a couple of other older games on this too.

I tend to prefer the older (simpler!) games and can almost finish Bubble Bobble every time (under emulation) and can get a fair way through MacDo (a Mr Do clone). Between me and my brother we managed to complete most of the RPG games in the old days of the C64 and Amiga computers - the ones based on Dungeons & Dragons (although I never played the table-top version) and the similar Buck Rogers ones.

:)