French "Darth Vador" Burger

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
This is probably old news, but it's from a local New Zealand news website this week ...

6218301.jpg

THE DARK FORCE: French/Belgian burger chain Quick is offering Star Wars burgers.

Burger chain joins the dark side

French fast food burger chain Quick will offer a special treat to fans of the dark side of the Force.

For the 3D release of Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace they will have a Darth Vador [French spelling] burger, comprising a coal black bun, on the menu.

The ad is asking customers to pick their side of the Force, offering the black Darth Vador burger and a rather normal looking Jedi burger.

Reportedly the Sith burger bun is neither burned nor soaked in the darkness of tasty evil but just dyed.

Apart from being innovative in their bun choice, the brains behind the idea have proved to be rather old-school: The promoted movie doesn't feature Darth Vader - but tells the story of young Anakin Skywalker who only turns into Darth Vader two episodes of the saga on.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
They should have used red and black dye so they could call it the Darth Maul Burger. Then use the black one for Episode III alongside a Mustafar Burger (red bun with a hot sauce). :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think it's pretty cool. A shame we won't see something like that here in the US. On the other hand, it looks like they've brought back Lightsaber Go-Gurt by Yoplait. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
We won't get them down here in New Zealand either, so I don't know why the story was on a local news website ... must have been a very slow news day. :)

There's been no advertising at all for the Episode I 3D release down here yet. (One person on the Star Wars New Zealand Forums was trying to sell a cinema canvas banner they had somehow got hold of.)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I haven't seen much advertising here either, although I don't watch much tv, so I guess ads could be all over the place. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Someone on the Star Wars New Zealand forum has reported that the Episode I 3D trailer was screening with Tintin 3D (but not Tintin 2D) and the release date is being advertised as 9 February - a couple days earlier than elsewhere? The long summer school holidays finish on 29 January, which will probably affect the box office numbers.

pwr25

Spy
Does anyone in France have the boxes for these for sale or trade? I would really love to have them. (The packaging. not the burgers) :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I don't think we have any French readers on these boards...so far it seems like not much of this "Quick" product is showing up on ebay. I think the trick will be to find a French contact to trade with. I wouldn't mind getting some of the packaging or toys myself.

pwr25

Spy
I found a guy in France on another board who is going to hook me up with a box he got from a friend. He said the promotion ended a couple weeks ago so doesn't look like it's going to get any easier to find. He also got me the eight different cereal boxes he has seen there. I'm looking for someone in Germany right now to get the Kraft spaghetti boxes. I have a couple people looking but none that have found them yet.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Nice. If you happen to get any spares, I might be interested.

Hey, are you collecting the Star Wars Fruit Snack boxes found here in the US? That's a long discussion and a deserving of a different post....but if so....we need to talk.

pwr25

Spy
Found out today he only has the box for the Jedi Burger so I still need the Vader Burger Box :( But on the bright side he did get me eight French cereal boxes. And on the fruit snack boxes I only bought the local Winn Dixie one, more interested in movie food items than animated ones.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Very cool. You'll have to share pics of your cereal boxes when you get them. :) I friend of mine in New Orleans snagged some Winn Dixie boxes for me....although it will probably be a while before I actually get them. :p FYI, the fruit snacks are currently available at some Walmarts in a jumbo box with Episode I packaging.

pwr25

Spy
I will. I'm working on taking pics of all my Star Wars stuff and loading them on a website. And the Episode I fruit snacks, yep got them :)
swfruit.jpg