Ewan McGregor's New 'Dream'

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
ewan-mcgregor-qa_l.jpg

Ewan has a new interview at EW.com about his new Woody Allen movie, Cassandra's Dream, but he mentions Star Wars as well.

Did the Star Wars films give you the freedom to do what you want for a long, long time?
I don't think so.

Really?
No, I don't think so. I think that they are so much of their own thing. It's about Star Wars. It isn't really about me or Hayden [Christensen]. But it's difficult to tell how they affect you career-wise. That's why its best not to play that game. It's best to be in it for the stories and for the love of it and — well, not just for the love of it, because I like to be paid well, when I can be — but what is more important is the stories, really. If you're making your decisions based on that, then you do end up working with first time directors and you work with Ridley Scott and Tim Burton, and I've been lucky to work both with fantastic directors who were starting out and others who have been making films for a long time. But my feeling is that, in terms of impact, something like Trainspotting has more, because people went, ''F---! What's with this?'' You know? So, in a way it's got more of an impact than Star Wars, when people are expecting something like that anyway.

Read the full article here.