Ewan at the UK Big Fish premiere

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Scotland Today

Ewan McGregor was among the cast of director Tim Burton's latest movie Big Fish , celebrating it's seven BAFTA nominations at the London premiere last night.

Last night London was swimming with celebrities as the critically acclaimed Big Fish enjoyed its movie premiere. Star Ewan McGregor was on hand to talk about his role in the heart warming tale of the relationship between a storyteller and his son.

Ewan McGregor said: "It's a beautiful film with a contemporary story with Albert Finney, Jessica Lange and Billy Crudup. Albert, playing an old man that's ill, and his son, played by Billy Crudup, who are trying to repair their damaged relationship. And it goes from that, flashing back to myself, playing Albert Finney as a young man and I get to play him as he remembers himself so it's all full of fantasy and slightly larger than life there."

The film is filled to the gills with stars and with Edward Scissorhands director Tim Burton at the helm, it is no wonder the Scottish actor is very excited about his involvement in the movie.

Ewan added: "It's a lovely film. I'm really, really hapy with it. It's beautiful. He's a great film maker you know and it's got the most amazing cast in it. And I think that's testimony as to how we all want to work with him."

Attachments

• bf_ukpremiere_1d.jpg
    bf_ukpremiere_1d.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 212