ESB Neon Light

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I just received my latest frivolous acquisition in the mail today! It an ESB Logo neon light. It's a new, unlicensed product I found being sold by a neon light seller in Hong Kong. They have tons of neon lights on ebay..mostly sports team logos, but a few beverages, Starbucks, an Autobot logo, and the ESB logo.

It measures roughly 8 X 11 so it's about the size of a comic book. I won it for $5 and paid $29 shipping...overall not too terribly expensive for a unique conversation piece like this.

I like it because ESB is one of my favorite collecting genres, and this vintage style ESB logo in particular is a personal favorite. The back is black plexi, the rest is clear plexi, with a red neon tube, of course. The ESB logo in white with red outline is somehow painted (or something like paint) onto the back of the clear plexi. The white "STAR WARS" border looks embossed, but is in fact etched into the back of the plexi (indented), one line at a time. It's probably done by some computerized machine..or possibly laser cut. Up close it looks etched..but from a distance with the light on....it looks like raised embossed white plastic. Overall, very cool.

Here's the auction photo, which pretty much looks the same as the one I received.

3178217710_0b095ff4e5_o.jpg

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
Woah Warren! :eek: That's totally awesome!:D That would look great in my room as well. :)

RYAN-J