<center>
sponsors.ds.jpg
</center>
<center>Figures supplied by D & S Sci-Fi Toy World</center>

<CENTER>EPHANT MON, JABBA'S HEAD OF SECURITY
FAN'S CHOICE FIGURE #3
</CENTER>

<CENTER> By Ishi Tib</CENTER>

After the third Fan's Choice poll went down and Ephant Mon, by a narrow margin, came out as the winner over the Twi'lek Masseuse, we were left wondering how good the figure would turn out to be. At Celebration 2, where its prototype was displayed, we started to get a much better idea of what a fantastic sculpt was in store. Still we wondered, as prototype and final product changes are bound to take place in many occasions.

Well, those worries are over. Ephant Mon is now available for purchase at a number of online retailers and soon will be hitting a store near you. What you will get is one of the most detailed, most authentic representations of a Star Wars character turned into plastic. And all of this packed into a mammoth of a figure, the biggest single carded one ever produced for the 3 3/4" line.

The notorious Jabba the Hutt's head of security, only seen for a few short seconds in Return of the Jedi as a background character, was easy too miss if you would blink but the sculpt which recreates with amazing craftsmanship this two legged Chevin pachydermous, certainly will not be missed.

Ephant's huge head, stubby arms and legs, long snout, robes and weapons are presented as authentic as it could be. There is a great deal of attention paid on the fabric for his robes, hanging down, bunching up and wrinkling at the right places, giving the figure a very natural look. Then there is the amazing and elaborate skin details, mainly around the head, presenting scales and proper coloration of the species. The fact his jaw was designed to open and close is a plus as it allows one to see the precise making of the teeth and tongue.

<CENTER>ARTICULATION/FEATURES/ACCESSORIES</CENTER>

The sculpt's design shows articulation points at the neck (which swivels in a clockwise fashion), jaw (drops), shoulders, wrists, waist, tail and hips. Considering this huge character hardly moved in the film, that is a lot of articulation given to the figure.

There aren't any action features on Ephant other than the articulated jaw. This is indeed a clear example of how a character could be brought up to plastic and still remain authentic without the use of protruding levers, wheels or other useless gadgets than could only detract from a realistic appearance.

Two accessories are packed with the set; a detachable Vibroblade which can be hidden underneath his robes by using an existing pin on the side of the weapon that actually fits into a hole on the belt that is on his left leg and, a Walking Stick or Cane that even sports and sculpted Jabba the Hutt's logo onto the top of the rounded handle. Both accessories can be plugged in together by attaching the Vibroblade inside the orifice at the bottom of the Cane, creating this way a longer weapon.

<CENTER>FIGURE INFORMATION/LAST COMMENT</CENTER>

NAME OF FIGURE: Ephant Mon, Jabba's Head of Security
DIGITS: PN 6108764600
FIGURE NUMBER: 45
ACCESSORIES: Cane, Vibroblade

As a last note, I would like to point out that truly Hasbro came through for all of us fans this time. If there is a figure you should add on to your collection with a certainty you will not be disappointed, well, THIS IS IT. By far the best Fans' Choice figure yet and one of the best from the entire line.

<CENTER>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~</CENTER>

Our most sincere thanks go to WWW.DNSTOYS.COM for providing this figure which as usual, due to their great packaging and fast service, was received in pristine condition. Don't forget to visit them for all your collecting needs.

Take a look now at the detailed pictures below, of this fantastic figure, and feel free to share your comments and opinions with us. We'd love to hear what you think. Enjoy!

<CENTER>Ishi Tib</CENTER

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
He loks really cool!!:cool:

Amazing pics ishi. I really can not wait to get this guy.

It looks like in the pictures he is capable of running. I would not expect that from a hunchbacked elephant man. :eye:

And by the way. For all of you who dress up at haloween, Is anyone gonna be this guy? And what other SW related costumes are you guys gonna have. Mine isnt sw related but it is cool. Im not going tyo be going trickortreatin though. I just like to dress up and scare little dhildren. Camp out behind a bush and wait for a long time.

Guttersnipe

New Recruit
I agree he looks absolutely excellent although I haven't seen him in the flesh yet:(
I can't wait to get hold of this puppy:D

belectric

New Recruit
ain't he just the cutest?

and the little hinged jaw... how sweet!
Ephant Mon has long been my favourite character, and I've been desperatley waiting for his release... watching the poll as it was going on, i was terrified that the twi'lek was going to win... but he came through in the end!
i can't believe the size of this thing... he's massive! He takes pride of place at the very center of my collection... in a way im quite gald that there wasn't one before now... they've done just such a good job... he's perfect! (biased? me? what!)

haha what a great suit that would be... reckon you'd get much candy?