Droid War teaser trailer

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
From TheForce.net ...

kenobi.jpg

Droid War Teaser Trailer

A fan film series called Droid War which follows the visual style of Lucasfilm's Star Wars: Clone Wars on Cartoon Network, has garnered a lot of attention from fans.

Droid War, created by director Chris Northrop and animator Koy Campbell, will feature a number of 2-minute episodes and characters such as Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, and General Grievous. The creators are aiming for an August, 2006 release for the first episode.

What may set Droid War apart from other animated fan films is its high production values, due to the crew's association with NickToons Network and the cable television channel Nickelodeon. In our opinion, Droid War seems headed in the right direction visually; hopefully, the storyline and audio, whose quality isn't apparent from the teaser trailer, will also impress.

Download the teaser trailer (3.7 MB, .MPG)

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
They played the Clone Wars I on free TV (they were on pay-for Sky before) here on Saturday with the Clone Wars II next Saturday, so I finally get to see them all ... I still haven't found a Region 4 DVDs anywhere though.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
have you tried setting your player to region free? its possible with the majority of machines, simply by a key combination on the remote.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I don't even have a DVD player yet, but all (or almost all) DVD players for plugging into a TV sold here are region-free anyway. I'd just prefer to have the proper region version so I can easily play it on the computer (when I get one with a DVD drive) without region hassles. Someone did say they found it in Australia a while back, but it's not turned up in any shops here - maybe it will after the free TV broadcast, they may have had the rights to play it before it gets released or something equally silly. The really silly thing is that it's been advertised in the TV Guide as just "Mini-series: Clone Wars" with no mention of Star Wars or what it is about. I nearly missed it and only happened to spot it the night before.

I am video-recording the show to tape (although our reception quality isn't that good) and I have most of the first series episodes downloaded from StarWars.com when they were there for "free". :)

Jedi Daniel

Geek Jedi
Looks very good so far, can't wait to watch the full fan film episodes :)

Buzz Bumble said:
I still haven't found a Region 4 DVDs anywhere though.

I recommend you order them online somewhere Buzz, that might be the best way, saves you waiting for stores there to stock it even though the first volume has been out on DVD for over a year now.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Even the Borders shop doesn't have it in their millions of DVDs, many of which are weird and "niche" market stuff. I've checked the NZ webstores with no luck. I haven't had time to check Australian ones yet ... I still need to order my copies of the Lego Star Wars and Battlefront games from Australia (I was waiting until after the Christmas shutdown and mail overflow). Let me know if you have a good DVD webstore in your bookmarks. :)