DisneyWorld Excl. Star Tours Figures Silent Trade

katnipp

New Recruit
We're gonna have a little fun!

Here's what I'm proposing...I'll attempt to acquire the Disney World Exclusive Star Tours figures - RX-24 & G2-4T - on August 01 as I will be attending the Grand Opening of "Once Upon A Toy" in Downtown Disney, Orlando. I'm planning on getting as many complete sets as I can get away with.

Here's what we're gonna do...From now until August 1st, I'm currently taking a list of people (not trades) interested in TRADING items for these figures. After I've acquired the exclusives, I'll contact everyone on the list (and only the list-I will not advertise to anyone else) and take "silent offers" for these two awesome figs. I will post a deadline for entering your bid. After this deadline, I'll contact the winners via email and post the winners on the forums. All sets of figures will go, with the exception of the set that I'll be keeping for my own personal collection.

Fine Print: I reserve all rights in choosing the winners in reference to my own wants list found here:
http://www.thejawa.com/YaBBse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3214
I will keep the highest integrity in making my selections-for example...if you are number 4 on my list and you offer a Saga "Bloody" Luke and the number 9 person also offers a "Bloody" Luke...you'll win as you were higher on my original list. Unfortunately, to prevent "dead-beat" bidders and to protect my investment, winning bidders must ship first if they cannot produce "valid" positive feedback. Rest assured as I have positive trades/feedback on the Jawa, JundlandWastes and RebelScum. This "silent trade" is NOT limited to U.S. residents, but I will pay USPS Priority shipping to U.S. winners only-if you're a winner from somewhere other than the U.S., you will have to pay for the shipping costs (Sorry guys, the USPS is killin' us now.)

Hurry and get your forum names/email addresses to me so I can add you to my list as I don't know how many sets I'll be able to acquire. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Brian
"katnipp"
afpilot@bellsouth.net

katnipp

New Recruit
O.K. boys and girls...GAME ON!!!

I got back last night around midnight from my little excursion to DisneyWorld to pick up the exclusives. I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that I've picked up all three (not two) of the Disney Star Tours exclusived--RX-24 "Rex", G2-4T, and R3-D3. The bad news is, I could only pick up five complete sets so I now only have four sets up for trade. Disney is enforcing the five set per "paying" patron rule, so by the time I ran back out to my truck, changed shirts and returned to the store, they were once again sold out. I was told by an employee of "Once Upon a Toy" that they get shipments every Thursday night/Friday morning and they've always been sold out by noon that same day. Very few of the figures were in "mint" condition although I did get the pick of the bunch as the store opened about 15 minutes early leaving many to arrive a little late to trash the place.

With that being said, and if you didn't read my posts before, here's what we're gonna do:

I'm currently taking "silent offers" for these three awesome figs. This quest will start right now and will end at midnight EST on Wednesday, July 31st . After this deadline, I'll contact everyone with the outcome who participated. All four sets of figures will go regardless of what is offered, therefore there is no reserve.

Fine Print: I reserve all rights in choosing the winners in reference to my own wants list as listed below. I've added a ton of POTF figures to my wants list that I still need so it should be easy to hit some of the items that I still require.

I will keep the highest integrity in making my selections-for example...if you are number 4 on my list and you offer a Saga "Bloody" Luke and the number 9 person also offers a "Bloody" Luke...you'll win as you were higher on my original list.

Question from participant: "If number 4 offers you the same item as number nine, what's keeping you from taking number 9's item just because you like it better?" To clarify-if the number 4 person offers a "Bloody" Luke in C-7 condition, and number 9 offers a "Bloody" Luke in C-9.5 condition, then obviously, this is the catch-22. Condition is the only measure to accept someone else's item over yours.

Question from participant: "If I offer a C-9.5 POTF figure on your wants list and someone offers you a C-9.5 EU figure from your wants list, how do you determine who gets the exclusives?" This is a tricky one, but I'll try to elaborate by stating, "it depends." It obviously depends on just how hard the item is to get or if I've had trouble in the past getting this item. As any collector knows, EU figures are slightly harder to acquire than most of the common POTF figures. But, as I stated, if I've had quite a bit of trouble acquiring the POTF figure in the past or it is fairly hard to come by, I'll select the POTF figure over the EU.

Question from participant: "How do I know if I'm winning or losing after I've placed my silent offer?" This is one of the biggest issues that the controversial ArtoosNews relayed to me and here's the only thing I can come up with: A silent offer is obviously made silently...thus deleting the "bartering" portions of a trade and seeming to make the endeavor a little more fair for everyone as you all offer items "in the blind."

Unfortunately, to prevent "dead-beat" bidders and to protect my investment, winning bidders must ship first if they cannot produce "valid" positive feedback. Rest assured as I have positive trades/feedback on the Jawa, JundlandWastes, and RebelScum. This "silent trade" is NOT limited to U.S. residents, but I will pay USPS Priority shipping to U.S. winners only-if you're a winner from somewhere other than the U.S., you will have to pay for the shipping costs (Sorry guys, the USPS is killin' us now.)

I take great pride in packaging my products to prevent damage by the USPS. Most will say that I overkill the padding, but it is for the protection of your products.

If you don't win this time around, don't worry. I'll probably plan a trip to DW at least every other month. I've got people asking for the Star Tours exclusive weapons as well. The Disney store also has some other HTF items like the 12" Ki-Adi Mundi (which I also picked up). They're a little pricey ($9.99 per 3 3/4" figure), but the store itself is awesome!

So...let me shut up and let's get this thing started. If you have any questions at all, just ask before the Wednesday night deadline. If it's a question that I think everyone would like the answer to, I'll answer and forward to everyone. Good Luck!!!

Brian
"katnipp"
afpilot@bellsouth.net

Barada

Saboteur
If I were to enter this 'auction', and won, I'd have to ask you pay for shipping for the items I'd send you. Sorry, but Canada Post is killing us now. :satan:

Barada

Nightwing

New Recruit
i got mine on the 18th, although they only had Rex and R3 then, but they certainly were not selling out at that point. They had them by the dozens, not moving.

katnipp

New Recruit
Right...that's before everyone knew that they were out...remember, they weren't supposed to be out 'til the 1st of August. Unfortunately, everyone now knows they're out. I was there on the 26th to pick up the five sets. One of the asst. managers of "Once Upon A Toy" was standing by the register watching to make sure we could only get the five sets apiece. I quickly ran out to my truck, dropped off the figures and slipped on another shirt in hopes to return for some more. The R3's were completely gone and the other remaining two were pretty badly damaged with creases and dents in the bubbles.

Go there now and see if you can pick up some after about an hour after the store opens...

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Originally posted by katnipp

Question from participant: "How do I know if I'm winning or losing after I've placed my silent bid?" This is one of the biggest issues that the controversial ArtoosNews relayed to me and here's the only thing I can come up with: A silent bid is obviously made silently...thus deleting the "bartering" portions of a trade and seeming to make the endeavor a little more fair for everyone as you all bid "in the blind." Because I don't want anyone to get offended or angry with the selections that are made on Thursday morning, I'll give those of you who are interested the availability to email me with your request for the current winning list, although this is against my original intent of the reasons for this new idea.

If the standings of this "silent trade" are revealed, then this becomes an auction and that is not allowed here.

I feel that I must state that Hasbro did announce that these figures will be made available through the Fan Club, although the Fan Club seems clueless to this.

katnip, i will email you shortly with some specifics.

katnipp

New Recruit
Originally posted by AmShak

If the standings of this "silent trade" are revealed, then this becomes an auction and that is not allowed here.

The offer for the current standings has been removed and some of the wording changed to supplement the negative "vibes" from fellow forum members and staff.

BTW...this thing ends tonight (July 31st) at midnight.