Disney SW Weekends

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
An anticipated tradition dating back to the summer of 2000, this year's Star Wars Weekends at Disney-MGM Studios in Florida will take place on four consecutive weekends (Friday - Sunday) beginning May 19, 2006 and running through June 11, 2006.

Warwick Davis willl be the host of all 4 weekends! You can read updates on his website. Click on Inside 'SW Weekends'
http://www.warwickdavis.com/

There will also be 2 celebrities there each weekend!

From www.mgmstudios.org:
Three celebrities have confirmed they'll be at Star Wars Weekends in 2006, according to Disney. Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Jeremy Bulloch (Bobba Fett) & Temura Morrison (Jango Fett)*are all on the list. They join Warwick Davis (Wicket the Ewok), who will be at all four weekends. A complete list is expected soon.

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Star Wars Weekends 2006 Guest List

April 11, 2006

Star Wars Weekends are almost here, and starting next month fans get to meet an impressive lineup of special guests attending four weekends of Star Wars fun at the Disney-MGM Studios in Florida. From May 19 to June 11, 2006, fans of all ages will converge to celebrate the heroes, villains, creatures and droids of the saga. In addition to Star Wars costumed characters, fun activities, and the Star Tours theme park ride, celebrity guests will be in attendance for meet-and-greet sessions, star conversations, and a classic Hollywood-style motorcade.

Here's a sneak peek at the celebrity guests which include Star Wars cast and crew. However, please check back here for future updates to the guest list as it may be subject to change.

Warwick Davis will be the first ever celebrity host for all four Star Wars Weekends. Davis was only 11 years old when he played the Ewok hero Wicket in Return of the Jedi. In Episode I, he played multiple roles, including that of Anakin's young friend Wald.

May 19, 20 & 21 -- Rick McCallum & Peter Mayhew

As a rare treat for fans, Producer Rick McCallum will be attending Star Wars Weekends to chat about his work behind the scenes on the prequels. A fan favorite from the classic trilogy, Peter Mayhew is no stranger to Star Wars Weekends. The towering Peter Mayhew played the loyal Wookiee Chewbacca in the original trilogy, and revisited the role in Revenge of the Sith.

May 26, 27 & 28 -- This weekend is still being planned. Please check back soon for details.

June 2, 3 & 4 -- Jay Laga'aia and Bonnie Maree Piesse

Fans know Jay Laga'aia as the protective security officer Captain Typho in Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith, while Bonnie Maree Piesse played Owen's girlfriend Beru in both Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith.

June 9, 10 & 11 -- Jeremy Bulloch & Temuera Morrison

Jeremy Bulloch is known best for his role as the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. He also made a brief cameo as Captain Colton in Revenge of the Sith. Temuera Morrison played Jango Fett in Attack of the Clones, and consequently his image was replicated over and over as the basis for the clone army.

For the latest Star Wars Weekends updates, keep checking here as well as Disneyworld.com. For more information, tickets or resort reservations, guests can call 407/W-DISNEY, visit Disneyworld.com or a travel agent.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
First, I'm glad I can access the forums again. Secondly, the one weekend I know I can go to there isn't a confirmed list. At least I know Warwick will be there and he was great last year. I'm hoping Amy Allen comes again. I wanted to go and see Amy Allen and Matthew Wood last year, but I already had plans that weekend. :(

mynock11

Sith Medic
Im planning on visiting Walt Disney World around that time only it will not be until 2010. Does anyone know if the star wars weekends will still be there by then?

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
mynock11 said:
Im planning on visiting Walt Disney World around that time only it will not be until 2010. Does anyone know if the star wars weekends will still be there by then?
I think this is the 10th year that they've had Star Wars weekends. With the tv show around the corner, one can only assume that they'll still be doing them in 4 years.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I guess I won't be snagging a Jay La'Gaia autograph :p (the only one I missed at C3). I wonder what the odds of getting a McCallum are.

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Skel, at the moment, I plan on going on Memorial Day, but if I can't get airlines, I might go the next weekend. If I do, should I get you an autograph?

mynock11

Sith Medic
I hope so borsk. You know how things change. When i do go i will be there for 2 weekends so hopefuly i will get some autographs when i go.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
mynock11 said:
I hope so borsk. You know how things change. When i do go i will be there for 2 weekends so hopefuly i will get some autographs when i go.
Well, they still have the Hall of Presidents. You can spend some extra time there. :p

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, the only way I see them cancelling Star Wars weekends is if Rick McCallum runs around chasing kids and cursing at them...

...oh wait, that could happen...

umm..

;)

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone know how they usually schedule these? Are both celebs there on all the days or do they alternate? Basically, if you wanted to meet both of them, would you have to go 2 days to do it?

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Nope, the weekends last 3 days. Each day there are three signing sessions. Each guest has the chance to meet each celebrity everyday. You could simply go one day and get all the autographs. At least you could last year. I'm not sure because now there's a third person.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
darthskelington said:
yeah, I was wondering how that worked. Do you have to pay for autogrpahs? Bring your own photos? What's the skinny? ;)
i have never done this, so this is based on what i have heard ...
-they will have disney photos of the guest which they will sign for free
-they may or may not sign other items. i have heard that disney has stepped in and stopped this and i have also heard that the celeb guests were they problem. the on specific guest i can recall making it an issue was anothony daniels, which makes me thinks it was just him... he does that type of thing.

since Rick McCallum will be there... i'm curious if he will be signing at all and what kind of restriction they will have.

i'm also curious about this 4 week appearance of warwick davis. it sounds like he is doing that "master of ceremonies" thing which makes me wonder if he will be as available for signings.

i certainly would also like to know more about the specifics

Yoda Man

New Recruit
Here's more info. As soon as the park opens, head to the Star Tours ride. Instead of the fast pass being for the ride, they are for autographs. You stand in line at the fast pass machine and when it's your turn, push in your admission pass and you'll get a ticket with a time on it. Therfore, the autographs are free with admission. Head to the signing area at your designated time and hand the guy your ticket. Then you stand in line for 10 minutes or so waiting to meet the celebrity. They are usually very nice and sign anything. At least they signed anything last year. The only restriction I know of is that they can't sign clothes that you're wearing at the time. You have time to chat for a minute or two and get a picture taken. If you didn't bring anything to sign, the stars have their own pictures of themself to sign for you.