Custom Endor Hologram

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
A couple years ago, I made a small Rebel Briefing diorama. I used textures from www.niubniubsuniverse.com

I created the holo-projector table and Endor Hologram to be the centerpiece of this display. It's nothing fancy, but it's pretty easy to make, and it doesn't look half bad.

The table is just a section of a water-bottle that I spray painted a chrome/gray color. The black segment under the top is a black plastic bracelet I found on the ground. The table top is a scan of the projector table from the Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology, which I colored, cut out, and glued to a piece of thin carboard (a comic backer). I then cut along the three "consoles" and bent them down to create a semi-3D effect.

The hologram I printed out on a piece of transparency (which I'd scavenged from work), and cut along the edges. Leave the Death Star attached by a piece perpendicular to the planet about as thick as the Death Star is. Then wrap the base into a cylindrical shape and tape. I wrapped mine around a sawed off black plastic film canister. I placed a small weight in the canister to keep it firmly balanced, as a breeze would blow the hologram over. I think my weight was a rebel backpack, but a small rock or some change or anything would work.

Anyway, that's all there is to it. If anyone decides to create one of their own, please let me know. I'd love to hear how it turns out, and pic would be great too. :)

The only other hologram I've seen was created using a clear christmas ornament, which was painted with a blue and green holo-landscape. It didn't look too shabby either.

Attachments

• Rebel Briefing Diorama.jpg
    Rebel Briefing Diorama.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 538
  • dskel projector2.jpg
    dskel projector2.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 565
  • dskel endor hologram.jpg
    dskel endor hologram.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 632

The Professor

New Recruit
That's really cool. I made a similar transparency for the circular war maps that are located around the briefing room.
Good job and great use of resources.