Custom 73in Lego Invisible Hand model

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Another custom-made Lego ship. This is from Gizmodo.com ...
Lego Master Completes 30-Pound Star Wars Starship Model
After a mammoth building session, Lego master Mark Kelso has just recently put the last brick on his model of the Invisible Hand, General Grevious' ship from Star Wars Episode III. Yes, the photo of him and his model is to scale - it's frickin' massive. It took an equally massive 9 months to build too:

LegoHand1.jpg

The completed ship is 231 studs long (that's almost 73 inches, for us non-Lego-geeks), 41 studs wide and weighs about 30 pounds. It's packed with attention to detail that has to be seen to be believed, down to different antenna sizes dotted around the tower and complex engine-plumbing. Mark's decision to avoid too many exposed studs must have added considerably to both the expense and building time, but has resulted in something that looks almost like a prop from a Lucas' set.

Whether you think "dedication to hobby" or "Lego nutcase in action," you've got to admit its pretty awesome. Now, who on Earth would think of taking on a project like that?

There's more images and a 7-page journal of it's making at Mark's website.

There's also a much smaller Lego Viper and Cylon raider from the original show on his Battlestar Galactica page.

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
OH WOW! That's is totally unbeleivable! I love building ships with my Legos, But I don't think I would have that much energy of Bricks to do it! maybe I'll have to track down his address and get his Autograph! LOL!

RYAN-J :D