Comic Book Figure 2-Packs

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I picked up the 3 comic book 2-packs at Walmart this week for $9.88 each. They are numbers 2, 3 and 4 in the series. I belive in a post over at Rebelscum an official spokesperson stated they would be making numerous 2-packs this year (I think at least 15), of which roughly half the figures would be entirely new. Currently the only confirmed future release is Jedi MAster Quinlan Vos and Vilmar Grarhk (the Devaronian).

The first pack was of course Kir Kanos and Carnor Jax....an online exclusive .

Sets 2-4 are based off of the old Marvel comic books, and their unique coloring choices. I personally like these, I think because I never would have thought of them. Sure....they're something we don't need....but they are interesting. The figures are all repainted to reflect how they were colored in the original comic book adaptation of Star Wars. They are:

#2 Darth Vader and Rebel Officer (and an IT-O interrogation droid)
#3 Governor Tarkin and Stormtrooper (commtech-style body)
#4 Chewbacca and Han Solo (Stormtrooper disguise....VOTC style)

Each comes packed with a comic reprint (Star Wars issues 1, 2, and 3 respectively).

Attachments

• TBS Comic packs 2 3 4.jpg
    TBS Comic packs 2 3 4.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 326

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
You could head swap the Han Solo head onto the sandtrooper body from the Ep4 tin set and have a good, movie version, superposable Han Stormtrooper!

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
I've picked up #'s 2,3,6, and 9 so far. I kinda like these... think I'll try to go for the complete set. ;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I have sets 1-10, and they are all great. These are probably one of my favorite Hasbro concepts in years. They are pushing their luck though with the Han and Luke troope repaints though.....upcoming waves will re-release those two packs with no blue shading ont he trooper armor....making for non-comic versions of Han and Luke.....a good idea....but not sure if I want to buy two more packs just for that. :p

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
There are some of these comic packs acting as shelf / peg warmers here if anyone really, really, really wants them (it'll cost half a dozen legs in shipping). I have no idea of the numbers, but there's currently "Luke & Mara" sets and "Vader & Leia" sets, as well as another one with Aurra Sing being reported seen.

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
When I was at Target today I moved all the figures onto one hook, so hopefully when an employee walks by they'll realize they need to get some more out.;)

RYAN-J

TTM AUTOGRAPH MASTER
LOL! I do the same thing!! I haven't seen any of the new Comic book figures, But today I did see a McQuarrie Stormtrooper & Boba Fett!! I would have picked them up but at $7.00 a figure? That's overkill. Even with my $3.00 off Hasbro discount coupon that's still too high for my budget. :(

RYAN-J

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
You guys are way behind if you're only up to #10. At various shops today I saw comic book packs numbered 31 and 55 (and I think 33). :)

Chewie

The Mighty Wookiee
Buzz Bumble;76838 said:
You guys are way behind if you're only up to #10. At various shops today I saw comic book packs numbered 31 and 55 (and I think 33). :)

No, there should only be 10 packs out. The number you're seeing is referring to the actual comic book number of a series included in the pack. The actual pack numbers are located in the upper-left hand corner.:p