Collectible of the Day 248 - Star Wars Father's Day Collectibles

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
9029561792_e57c96f94b_c.jpg

So with Father's Day come and gone, I thought I'd share a couple of the holiday related collectibles I found this year. (Didn't wan't to spoil any possible presents yesterday). While there are many running "I am the your father" jokes out there, there aren't that many holiday specific collectibles out there. A Darth Vader "Who's Your Daddy" poster from 2005, a Luke and Vader "I Am Your Father's Day" figure pack, and a handful of Halmark cards pretty much sum it all up.

This year brought a few more items. Target carried a #1 Dad t-shirt by Fifth Sun, and Hallmark offered us a greeting card featuring Vader. It's actually a recycled joke from a previous birthday card, but they changed up the interior to include Father's Day greeting and a pop-up Death Star. There are even variations to the card. A Hallmark Expressions version could be found at grocery stores for $3.99, while a Hallmark Connections branded version could be picked up at Walmart for $3.97 (keeping in line with Walmart's pricing scheme of numbers ending in "7".)

If you need any more cheese Vader jokes, you can always spring for the retro style "Galaxy's Best Father" Vader bobble head, available in Funko's Wisecracks line.

9043737511_f623ef84ab_z.jpg

9045961106_69581e8921_z.jpg

9045959648_b9ea0bc95d_z.jpg