Collectible of the Day 189 - Wonder Works Japanese-style Vader shirt

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
7706061516_ace0f0b66c_c.jpg

Here is a recent purchase...something that has been on my want list for a long time. It's the "Imperial Forces" shirt by Wonder Works. While Wonder Works produced a number of t-shirts, they only produced five different Japanese-style t-shirts:

Imperial Forces - featuring Darth Vader and Stormtroopers
Mos Eisley Cantina - featuring Han Solo shooting Greedo
Rebel Soldiers - with Han Solo and Chewbacca
Jabba's Prisoner - with Jabba, Bib Fortuna, and Leia
Yoda - featuring none other than Yoda himself

The Yoda and Cantina shirts were available through the Fan Club years ago, and have been favorites of mine. I'm currently trying to track down all the Japanese Style shirts from Wonder Works, and replace the ones I wore, which are no longer white thanks to well water. :(

In addition to the five t-shirts, Wonder Works produced a variety of silk button up shirts. Several were in Hawaiian styles, and three were in Japanese art styles. These shirts are all spectacular to see. The three Japanese shirts each came in two different colors:

C-3PO and R2-D2 - purple or red
Darth Vader - orange or black
Luke, Taun Taun and Wampa - gray or lavender

For a complete listing of Wonder Works shirts and photos, I recommend the Star Wars Collector's Archive.

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_items_by&items_by=licensee&id=694

You can see the back of this shirt also has an Imperial cog and the initials IF, for Imperial Forces. Check out the tag for a cool easter egg. Other shirts I'm sure also have cool details. I know the Han/Greedo shirt says Mos Eisley Cantina on the sleeve in Aurebesh. It also has the entire Han/Greedo dialogue from that scene in the background in Japanese Kanji. My friend Johji once translated it for me. :)

7706069972_6936853125_z.jpg

7706054958_c768b0a72c.jpg