Clone Wars Season 1 DVD

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
This is kinda old news now, but we picked up Clone Wars Season 1 on regular dvd when it came out and have finally watched it all. The first season is really excellent, and the packaging is great. It is set up in a book-like format, and has a sketchbook attached to the center of the case. Kind of a mini-Art of the Clone Wars book. Anyway, every episode has a short commentary with Dave Filoni and or various artists, voice actors, or producers. We haven't watched all those yet, but they are quite informative and are only about 5-7 minutes long each.

For anyone holding out on purchasing this, I highly recommend it.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I only saw some of the episodes on TV, but I liked it more than the first animated show. The full season 1 set is released here next week ... I'm just about to work out how much it costs to import from Australia (where it's already available) since it can be cheaper that way. :)

Then about two weeks after that we get the second Family Guy Star Wars DVD. I recently won copies of the two Robot Chicken Star Was DVDs in a local competition (in fact I won Episode II by itself, so bought Episode I to complete the set ... and then won an Episode I & II double set, so now I've got two copies :rolleyes:).

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Buzz Bumble;85566 said:
I recently won copies of the two Robot Chicken Star Was DVDs in a local competition (in fact I won Episode II by itself, so bought Episode I to complete the set ... and then won an Episode I & II double set, so now I've got two copies :rolleyes:).

Oh lucky bum!!

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
The amount of competitions / surveys I enter, it's about time I won something. :)
The only other thing I've won in about the last two years was NZ$500 (about US$365) for doing a survey - and that was spent before it even arrived on car rust repairs, which cost over twice that much. :(

I bought the The Clone Wars Complete Season 1 DVD yesterday ... hopefully I get time to watch it soon.

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
I was just flicking through the little booklet that came with the DVDs (or at least came with the Australian / New Zealand region DVDs). Near the start there are some concept drawings for a Grievous statue ... one of them appears to be holding a chopped off Yoda head.

markwough

New Recruit
This series is some of the best Star Wars to date! It beats 4 out of 6 movies and is right up there with Tartakovsky’s series.