Chrome Sandtrooper up on eBay. Anybody got 3 grand I could borrow?

Nightwing

New Recruit
The rarest Gentle Giant mini-bust yet (and probably ever) has made it's mark on eBay.

At a whopping $3,000, it was bought using the buy-it-now feature.

for more information, go here

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Unlucky, but it would be a big bundle of cash to blow in one shot.....

Check out this set of 31 GG mini busts going for $4630. Apparently (according to the seller anyway - I wouldn't know for sure) its a full set of everything released so far, but NOT including a sandtrooper.

It ends in about 2 hours, so probably over when you see this, but its US buyers only, so we couldn't bid anyway - even if we had that kinda cash spare (I still haven't won the lottery!) :(

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Nightwing said:
yeah, hereI put in $1,300, but shouldn't have bid so early
If you bid early you're only pushing the price up for yourself later on (unless nobody else is interested of course).

It's best to never bid before the closing date and try to be there at the bitter end in a frantic bidding war ... unless it's something you really want at a reasonable price, in which case use the Buy Now option. :)

What I find extremely silly is the auctions that start at $1, but the reserve price is is way higher. Auctions should always start at the reserve price. If nobody bothers bidding the person knows to try again with a lower reserve price. (House auctions are even worse with phantom bidders, etc. falsely pushing the price up. :fume:)

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
What gets me is the people who create multiple accounts just to bid o their own item and push the price up!! :toed: :fume: :banghead: :flame: :censored:

Some of them are even dumb enough to use a name similar to their main selling account. Always beware if you find a bundle of bids from people with very low (and especially zero) feedback ratings.......grrr

Nightwing

New Recruit
Darth Boru said:
Unlucky, but it would be a big bundle of cash to blow in one shot.....

Check out this set of 31 GG mini busts going for $4630. Apparently (according to the seller anyway - I wouldn't know for sure) its a full set of everything released so far, but NOT including a sandtrooper.

It ends in about 2 hours, so probably over when you see this, but its US buyers only, so we couldn't bid anyway - even if we had that kinda cash spare (I still haven't won the lottery!) :(
not a very good deal for the seller if you ask me, with an average price of $150 per bust.

Anyway, I have completed my collection to my satisfaction. The busts that I do not have in my collection are the early ones and are not very good IMO. Although I wouldn't mind a white clone trooper

Nightwing

New Recruit
Buzz Bumble said:
If you bid early you're only pushing the price up for yourself later on (unless nobody else is interested of course).

It's best to never bid before the closing date and try to be there at the bitter end in a frantic bidding war ... unless it's something you really want at a reasonable price, in which case use the Buy Now option. :)
I know that, but I had no access to the computer so I had to bid at that time.

What I find extremely silly is the auctions that start at $1, but the reserve price is is way higher. Auctions should always start at the reserve price. If nobody bothers bidding the person knows to try again with a lower reserve price. (House auctions are even worse with phantom bidders, etc. falsely pushing the price up. :fume:)
they do that to get people interested. If you start at reserve price, that puts people off bidding. However, the lower the price, the more attractive it is to people to bid, even if it does end up expensive.