CC's Fan Choice Poll #3

Which of these 2-pack figures do you want to see made into plastic the most?

• The Tonnika Sisters

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Sebulba's Twi'lek Twins

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Diva Funquita and Bib Fortuna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Owen and Beru Lars

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Podrace 2-packs

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
At least I think its number 3. Its been a while since ive done one of these. In the past they have been fun and generated some decent discussion, so here I present the Bothan Spy Fan's Choice Poll on Figure 2 Packs........lol

I figured to make it interesting, id have 2 packs instead of one figure.

The Choices are:

1. The Tonnika Sisters
2. Sebulba's Twi'lek Twin Maseuuses
3. Diva Funquita and Bib Fortuna - Jabba and Gardulla's Assistants
4. Owen and Beru Lars
5. Podrace 2 packs - Multiple Sets include Various Podracers and their Rivals.

You will Be able to choose once the whole thing is set up. Please don't post anything until im done.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
The Tonnika Sisters

tonnika_sisters.jpg

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Bib Fortuna

Those attempting to do business with Jabba the Hutt first needed to maneuver past his pasty-faced major-domo, the Twi'lek Bib Fortuna. The darkly robed attendant often hovered near Jabba's ear, offering advice and feeding information. Fortuna followed the rules of protocol in the Hutt's court (such as they were), and spoke only in Huttese, though he understood other tongues.

Fortuna's affiliation with Jabba stretched over decades. His career began to unravel when Luke Skywalker targeted him with a Jedi mind trick. The hapless lieutenant let the Jedi Knight into the palace. This precipitated the decapitation of Jabba's criminal organization. Fortuna accompanied Jabba's sail barge party to the Great Pit of Carkoon, where Skywalker's daring rescue of Han Solo brought the criminal empire to a fiery end.

movie_bg.jpg

Diva Funquita

info soon

87divafunquitadancer.gif

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Beru Lars

As a young, shy girl, Beru Whitesun's aspirations did not venture beyond the horizon of Tatooine. She was content to marry Owen Lars and lead the tough life of a moisture farmer. Along with her husband, Beru proudly toiled under harsh conditions, season after season, in a determined effort to extract precious units of water from the parched environment.

Beru also fulfilled the role of guardian and substitute mother to young Luke Skywalker, and repeatedly voiced her support for his dream of joining his friends at the Academy. Beru fell victim to the Empire when Imperial stormtroopers raided the family farm in search of droids thought to have top-secret plans for the Empire's ultimate weapon, the Death Star.

movie2_bg.jpg

Owen Lars

Owen Lars had toiled to make a life for himself on Tatooine since a young age. The son of Cliegg Lars, a moisture farmer, he greatly valued the traditions of discipline and hard work. As a young man, he had a strong vision of what he wanted to make of himself, and that vision was firmly rooted on Tatooine. His goals were clear and attainable through discipline. He would turn the Lars homestead into a productive farm, and live there with his love, Beru Whitesun.

Complicating this simple life was his nephew. At the behest of Obi-Wan Kenobi, Owen and Beru were made the wards of Luke Skywalker, the son of Owen's stepbrother, Anakin. Lingering resentment over the actions of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi would color Owen's opinions for years.

Owen attempted to raise his nephew as a normal youth, keeping him from the fact that his veins coursed with Jedi blood and that his "dead" hero father was not simply a freighter navigator. The farmer tried to pass on his values to Luke. Though he was a caring guardian, Owen's demeanor was gruff and strict, which often led to tension between him and his daydreaming nephew. It usually fell to Beru to iron out the differences between Owen and Luke.

He could not rein in Luke's drive for adventure, though. Young Skywalker longed to leave Tatooine and join the Imperial Academy, to live life among the stars. Lars forbade it, reminding Luke that he was needed on the moisture farm. Each year, more of Luke's friends would leave the desert planet for brighter futures. Though Luke felt Owen was stagnating his growth, in truth, the old moisture farmer didn't want to see Luke fall victim to Anakin's fate.

Skywalker would eventually leave the farm, but under tragic circumstances. Imperials searching for missing droids razed the Lars homestead and killed Owen and Beru. With nothing left to keep him on Tatooine, Luke left the desert planet and began down the path of Jedi Knighthood.

movie2_bg.jpg

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I chose the Tonnika Sisters, but all would be great packs. The Pod racer packs would quickly complete a set of all the podracers, and add variety (especially considering two of the choices are of twins :p )

I think Hasbro stated they wouldn't make Tonnikas because LFL never had permission to recreate their likenesses in the contracts. They said they probably would never make any of the human Jedi from the arena for the same reason.

However, I argue that most human figures never capture a true likeness anyway. (And was it in Wuhers contract, I mean, the guys dead after all?).

Furthermore, according to Expanded Universe, the Sisters seen in the movie are in fact two Mistral Shadow Guards stranded on Tatooine posing as the Tonnika sisters. How are we to know what the "real" Tonnika sisters look like?

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
Expanded Universe tells too many lies. I dont like it to much.

And I think the tonnika sisters are hideous. Id rather not see them in plastic, thank you.

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
given a choice of a character from either the cantina or jabba's palace i will vote their way everytime over a figure that did not appear at either of those locations ..... that's just me .... were not the tonnika sister part of the first hasbro fan choice poll?
beru and owen would be nice to have, but they won't win any near future fan choice poll.
My vote goes to the tonnika sisters because they have been longer in the waiting and the choice of characters left for the cantina groes smaller.

CoruscantCosta

Ewok Cheif
They were in the first one??? I wouldnt know. I only voted for the 4th one.

Im surprised they lost over Ellorrs (or was it amanaman??)

I think Amanaman is one of the coolest figs ever!!!

I dont really care what is made and what isnt. I just dont see why they dont make every single figure into plastic. Its foolish voting over them, when they put about 50 other obscure characters out at the same time.

Pod Race 2-packs is the way to go. I don't think there was enough pod race figures in the first place.

Maybe AmShak will make a hanger diorama if he had the variety of figs at his disposal.;)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
yes, jabba's palace is in there too and There is another ....

There will be a new dio added to the site soon. (from the OT)
The next dio will be from the prequels.