Staff member
Thanks to Ishi Tib for these images:

<CENTER>
3p0.jpg

3p02.jpg
</CENTER>

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Interesting... I never knew there was a colour variation... 3P0 and Chewie are the only two I don't have yet.
The coolest uber' Wookie will be my next purchase, then 3P0... He tends to warm the shelves, so it should be no problem picking one up.
Good pics Ishi!

Attachments

• departsw.jpg
    departsw.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 363

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
HEY BLUEHARVEST,
I DON'T KNOW IF ACTUALLY IT WOULD WARM UP THE SHELVES FOR TOO LONG; IT IS SHORT PACKED. THE ONLY TWO FIGURES OUT OF THIS SET IN THE CASE NOT BEING SHORT PACKED ARE BOBA FETT AND DARTH VADER, BUT HEY, CHANCES ARE YOU WILL FIND IT SOON.
HEY REDLEADER79,
THE RAREST OF THE TWO IS THE FIRST ISSUE OF THE DROID OR "THE GREEN TINT C-3PO" I PICKED UP MINE ABOUT TWO MONTHS AGO, WHEN IT FIRST STARTED TO SHOW AT TOYS R US. IT EVEN CAME WITH SOME SORT OF SOAPY GREENISH STUFF ON IT (LIKE DISH DETERGENT) WHICH I REMOVED USING A RAG. OTHER REPORTS HAVE ALSO MENTIONED PEOPLE FINDING THIS FIRST ISSUE OF THREEPEEO WITH THE SAME SOAPY SUBSTANCE ON IT. WHAT THIS IS, WELL..I HAVE NO IDEA.
THE FIRST C-3PO VERSION WAS ALSO PRODUCED IN LOW NUMBERS AND VANISHED FROM STORE SHELVES VERY RAPIDLY.
THE SECOND VERSION OR "GOLD TONE ONE" HAS CERTAINLY BEEN PRODUCED IN A MUCH GREATER NUMBER. I SAW ABOUT 10 OF THEM IN JUST ONE WAL-MART STORE YESTERDAY.
THIS ONLY MEANS ONE THING: HASBRO NOTICED THE MISTAKE THEY MADE BY PRODUCING C-3PO IN THE WRONG COLOR (GREEN TINT), THEY CORRECTED THE ERROR AND HAVE ISSUED ITS SECOND VERSION WITH THE PROPER COLOR (GOLD)
THE VERSION YOU AND I HAVE (GREEN) IS BOUND TO BECOME A VERY HARD TO COME BY ITEM SINCE IT HAS ALREADY TURNED INTO "A THING OF THE PAST" ...SO CLAP YOUR HANDS FOR YOUR FIND!:hello:

Redleader

New Recruit
Yes! Finally I get a harder one! My rule is if there are two versions of something I always get the easy one to find. I saw a bunch of Threepios in a walmart when I was on a trip a couple of weekends ago and I didn't even know to look for the difference. I'll keep my eyes out for one now. Thanks!

wookiee_cookiee

Staff member
Am I the only one that has yet to find these in a retail store??

I really would like to at least see them somewhere.

Which one is the best in your humble opinion?

I would probably get the chewie or boba fett :)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
i have nothing to really base this on, other than the assortment, but i think the stormtrooper will be the one to get, but who knows how many we will see, with x-mas right around the corner.

BlueHarvest

New Recruit
Vader, Stormie and Fett are the sweet pickings! R2 is also a nifty one!
But, it all depends on what character you like... Here in Edmonton, the first four I mentioned are hard to find. Chewie and 3P0 seem to be the shelf warmers.
That's just my two bits!;)

Ishi Tib

New Recruit
IF YOU NEED THEM..I CAN GET THEM

HEY GUYS,
I'VE JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT IF YOU ARE IN NEED OF ANY OF THESE PALM TALKERS AND CANNOT WAIT UNTIL THEY HIT YOUR TOWN, I COULD GLADLY GO TO WAL-MART AND PICK UP WHATEVER CHARACTER YOU MIGHT NEED. THE PRICE WOULD BE ITS EXACT RETAIL COST PLUS THE EXACT SHIPPING COST TO YOUR DESTINATION JUST GIVE ME A HOLLER IF YOU'D LIKE ME TO. AS FAR AS REFERRALS GO FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DO NOT KNOW ME YOU CAN ASK TALON, IG-88 OR AMSHAK ABOUT HOW LONG I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS PRACTICE AND HOW RELIABLE I COULD BE...JUST TRYING TO HELP
:rockon:

Talon

New Recruit
Ishi Tib is a scalper! :evil:

Just kidding! This guy really is great! He has helped me out MANY a time already. If not for him I would have a lot of holes in my collection.

My personal opinion on the Palm Talkers is-I am not impressed. Yes, I do like the designs of the characters. However, the speech is really terrible IMO. I have a hard time understanding what they are saying, or better yet supposed to be saying. If you thought the COMM-Tech speech was bad you haven't heard nothing yet!

Redleader

New Recruit
True, some of them are bad sounding...(vader, chewie) but some sound decent in my opinion. I think that C3P0 sounds the best outta the group. On the other hand I think Vader looks the best because he has that cool little lightsaber.

Talon

New Recruit
Well yeah, I guess I better not really give my opinon (even though it is too late) because the only ones I own are the Darth Vader & Boba Fett. I have come across the others but I wasn't impressed with the two I do have. I also got to experience the Chewbacca, R2-D2, and C-3PO at my buddy Ishi Tib's place but I wasn't too impressed. That isn't to say that I won't eventually pick them up but as of right now I will pass.