Bust-Ups series I-III

Nightwing

New Recruit
So I finally got virtually all my busts-ups yesterday - I now only need Palpatine, blackhole trooper, toyfair fett, and the amber chewie and I'll have them all(some are pre ordered like the crimson empire set or in the states like the stormtrooper sets), and boy are they good!

The quality on these are fantastic. The detail is brilliant. Series I is not the best, chewie's right arm does not fit into its socket properly. Dunno if that is just my model or not...and the painting on their faces could be better. But they take off after that. The highlight of the Empire for me, has to be Dooku. The face is top notch.

Variants on both Maul and Vader are pretty good. I got two faces with my regular Maul, dunno if I was supposed to or not.

Series III is the best by far, both in detail and posture. Boba fett looks great pointing his rifle while the flames from his jetpack provide the base. The silver chase version is just as great and does not look like the cheap versions that hasbro are putting out.

Dengar is a great sculpt yet again, but unfortunately is the only one with a fault. On his hand that he holds the rifle, his thumb is in the middle of his hand. Again, I don't know if this is just my version or not.

Zuckus is probably my favorite along with Fett, and goes to show what a great mini-bust he would make.

Bossk is the only bust-up so far to be an exact copy of the mini-bust, and is one of the smallest bust-ups there is, I even think that yoda is bigger than him.

This is just further proof that bust-ups are the better alternative to hasbro figures.

Over night, my GG collection has literally doubled. The IG-88 bust that I got the other day remains in the box cos I have no room to put it :(

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Nightwing said:
Bossk is the only bust-up so far to be an exact copy of the mini-bust, and is one of the smallest bust-ups there is, I even think that yoda is bigger than him.

the stormtrooper is pretty close.

after seeing this wave 3 line up, i wonder why IG-88 was chosen for the mini-bust line over one of the other bounty hunters.