Battlestar Galactica Discussion - Season 2 - Episode 18 - "Downloaded"

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
This is the thread to talk about last nights episode. If you haven't watched it, this thread will most likely contain spoilers.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Battlestar Galactica Discussion - Season2 - Episode 18 - "Downloaded"

Couple of things...

The rebirth scenes were cool.

The Cylons acted very "human" in that they don't seem quite as organized and unified as you'd think.

It's also interesting how each version of the same cylon is wildly different based on their environment and conditioning. By becoming so "human", they're becoming their own enemy.

The religious symbolism is interesting too.

Jedi_Joel

Agent

Borsk said:
Couple of things...

The rebirth scenes were cool.

The Cylons acted very "human" in that they don't seem quite as organized and unified as you'd think.
Well that was the idea, they're colonizing Caprica for themselves.

Baltar was awesome in this episode, when I first saw him appear on Caprica I thought for sure he was a Cylon model, but that was great how he kinda messes with CapricaSix's mind too. I wonder what'll happen to D'anna Biers when she's re-downloaded. I loved it when she said "The gods love me!" and then CapricaSix goes THWAK! on her head with a piece of rubble.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

I like the idea that maybe Baltar *is* the Cylon god.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith

Haven't reasched this episode yet. This week we had the reunion of Apollo and Commander Adama on Kobol (or howver you spell it) and the discovery of the Temple of Athena. Not sure how many weeks behind we are......

Jedi_Joel

Agent

Darth Boru said:
Haven't reasched this episode yet. This week we had the reunion of Apollo and Commander Adama on Kobol (or howver you spell it) and the discovery of the Temple of Athena. Not sure how many weeks behind we are......
I hate to tell you this, but we're just about done with the second season! The first part of the season finale is next week, and I just heard that the second part will be an hour and a half long. So you're about 12 episodes behind us.

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator

Loved it-
I too thought Baltar was being revealed as a cylon agent, but loved the twist of he being in six's head.

I'll have to watch it again more closely to see if there are any 'other' cylon agents in the back ground.

Can't wait to see the finale.

Kinda- makes you wonder though how both Sharons can have memories of Galactica and the crew. Were they switched out occasionally or do they have the ability to download memories to?

Jedi_Joel

Agent

Jedi Freezeman said:
Kinda- makes you wonder though how both Sharons can have memories of Galactica and the crew. Were they switched out occasionally or do they have the ability to download memories to?
From what I understood is that their memories were unique to that specific unit. IE- CapricaSharon would only know what happened between Helo and her there and GalacticaSharon wouldn't know.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

I think they know about the memories, but don't experience them, so they don't quite mean the same. The other Sharon's would know about what GalacticaSharon went through, but GalacticaSharon is the only one who those memories really mean something for. That's just the way I've always thought of it. I don't know what the official answer is.

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith

I'm gonna stop reading this thread - you guys are too far ahead and I'm going to try to stay 'spoiler free'. Just missed tonight episode too, just to put me further behind. Good job there's a repeat on Saturday ;)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member

Borsk said:
I think they know about the memories, but don't experience them, so they don't quite mean the same. The other Sharon's would know about what GalacticaSharon went through, but GalacticaSharon is the only one who those memories really mean something for. That's just the way I've always thought of it. I don't know what the official answer is.
makes sense to a degree, but.....
at what point do they share their memories? why wouldn't the other cylon sharons know more about what the fleet is doing and where they are? why woulnd't the other 6 know more about baltar and not fear him? obviously something is shared at some point but it doesn't really seem to jive.

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member

AmShak said:
makes sense to a degree, but.....
at what point do they share their memories? why wouldn't the other cylon sharons know more about what the fleet is doing and where they are? why woulnd't the other 6 know more about baltar and not fear him? obviously something is shared at some point but it doesn't really seem to jive.
Somebody controls what they are allowed to know. For example, Sharon was not allowed to know that she was a cylon. It's possible that they could even give false information about one Sharon to another.

I would think it's similiar to having an identical twin. They're going to start off from basically the same point as far as general personality. But, at some point they change. If one of the twins falls in love, even though the other twin finds out about it, does not mean that the other twin is now in love with the same person.

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
I'm with you Boru. They haven't even started the second season here yet...damn i wish they'd release them at the same times....