Batman Begins

How do you rank Batman Begins?

• Total voters

Stevetrooper

Galactic Groundpounder
Let's hope that that is all it is - a rumor. I think Willem Dafoe would be the perfect Joker. I know he already did the comic villan thing, but as soon as I saw Norman Osborn meet his psychotic other self in the mirror, with that twisted evil grin on his face, the first thing I thought was how if he had a white face and green hair in that scene, it would be a Brian Bolandesque Joker come to life!

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
I'm reading about this a little late, but I thought some of you might be interested...

from thedigitalbits.com:

Well... Warner's finally gone and done it. They've officially announced the DVD release of Batman Begins for 10/18, as we've been expecting. You'll be able to buy a single-disc regular edition (SRP $28.98) and a 2-disc Deluxe Edition (SRP $30.97). Each will include the film in anamorphic widescreen video (2.40:1), with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. We believe there will be a full frame version of the regular edition as well.

We don't have all the details yet, but we do know that the 2-disc Batman Begins: Deluxe Edition will feature 8 documentaries (including Genesis of the Bat: Batman Incarnations from the Mid-1980s to the Present, The Journey Begins: Creative Concepts, Story Development and Casting, Shaping Mind and Body: Fighting Style, Gotham City Rises: Production Design, Cape and Cowl: The New Batsuit, The Tumbler: The New Batmobile, Path to Discovery: Filming in Iceland and Saving Gotham City: The Monorail Chase Sequence), several Confidential Files featurettes (broken into Characters and Weaponry), an interactive Inner Demons comic book, theatrical trailers, a photo gallery, Easter eggs and DVD-ROM features (including a Batman Begins "mobile game demo"). The set will also include an exclusive 72-page comic book containing 3 reprinted issues/stories that influenced the film (including Detective Comics #37, Batman: The Man Who Falls and Batman: The Long Halloween). There's no word yet on possible audio commentary, and additional extras are likely TBA.

B000AU9UYM.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Barada

Saboteur
I have to say, I saw a ripped version of this a couple of weeks ago, and it was better than I expected.

I don't believe it's 'movie of the year' worthy, as some people are saying, but it was good. Can't say I'll buy this, although anyone who buys the single disc version is pretty stupid when only $2 more gets you so much additional stuff.

On a related note, I showed my Batman-obsessed son the 1989 Batman movie last week with Nicholson and Keaton, and while he was fascinated for the most part, the scenes involving Jack Napier's 'death' and transformation into the Joker scared the hell out of him. Personally, I prefer that version to this years.

Now I went and bought him the '60s movie with Adam West, and he's watched that one about 9 times in the last three days. It certainly is more kid-friendly, although I look at it now and can only laugh at how ridiculous it was. However, he's finally found something that I think he may like more than Star Wars...

Barada

Buzz Bumble

Furry Ewok
Adam West's Batman was supposed to be a parody-style version (according to the people involved anyway), but I still think it's probably the best Batman there's ever been and fits better with the comics I used to read than all these newer "Dark Knight" style versions. :)

Darth Aussie

Australian Sith Lord
Both Batman and Batman returns was excellent (particularly with Keaton). I' was turned off with Kilmer taking the role and even When Clooney was announced i thought it would be better(alas not). With Batman Begins, Bale does a great job but i thought he could have done a little better...