Autograph Rookie

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
Greeting everyone. I have thought about collecting autographs, for I have only managed to get my hands on two over the years, one off of eBay and one from line-standing. I read on the forum that sometimes celebrities will sign items for you if you send it to them. I have a few select people Id like to try. What kind of items are acceptable, and how should I go about it? Thanks in advance for any info!

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Hello Mazter_Jedi!:D

Yes you are correct. Some people will sign autographs through the mail. Usually people send items such as photos, Cards, Index Cards, action figures, posters etc. If you are looking for Star Wars cast, you can look on here through the boards or you can use the site Wattographs at www.wattographs.com That is where most people go for Star Wars address and such. You can also send them your items for their signers of the month for a fee. If there are any questions, I can do my best to answer them and everyone on this board can help you aswell as they are all nice!

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
I checked out the Wattographs site, it almost makes it sound easy, as if the people on eBay are making people in suckers. Anyway, it sounds like you can send just about anything, but mostly photos. Whereabouts can I get some nice, professional photos of some of these people to send for autographs? Oh yeah--I take it that its a good idea to include a SASE (so to speak)?

Thanks!

Holla300

The Best Bounty
Mazter_Jedi;79733 said:
I checked out the Wattographs site, it almost makes it sound easy, as if the people on eBay are making people in suckers. Anyway, it sounds like you can send just about anything, but mostly photos. Whereabouts can I get some nice, professional photos of some of these people to send for autographs? Oh yeah--I take it that its a good idea to include a SASE (so to speak)?

Thanks!

Yes I would ALWAYS send a SASE. Make sure you have enough postage on the return envelope as you don't want the people to not have enough postage when they want to send it back to you. If you are trying to send to England or out of the country, send them IRCs with your request. I usually send out 2 IRCs with my request to be safe. You can buy IRCs at most of your local post offices I have sent out US dollars with request and have had successes but people say that is illegal. Not sure but it has worked.

You can look on this site. There are some GREAT photos that member Ryan_J has made for us to send off. You can print them right at home or at your local printing place. They are 4x6 photos. You can use altavista.com, google image search, allphotos.com. Make sure you search for extra large or large for 8x10 photos. Use Medium pics if you want 4x6 photos. I usually have the best of luck with those. For Star Wars pics, you can buy them at officialpix.com for a small fee which I have a few and they are wonderful photos. Well worth the money.

I would not buy off of ebay because of scammers or whatnot. You never know not unless they are certified if they are real or not and that is the risk you take on eBay.

Pedge Jameson

Falls down for no reason.
Mazter, best way to go is never go Ebay, there all mostly crooks.
We share alot of cool index card sized photo creations that are easy to send. If you like 8x10 then I hope you have the room in your house for it.
But I love the index cards I have printed from here and made myself.
Anyways, welcome...your gonna spend alot of time here.
MUHAHAHAHA. ;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Sounds like you have things under control. :) You can send just about anything, but I recommend photos or cards. ALWAYS send a sase with postage or IRCs. In case you missed it, I created a step by step how-to-request-autographs thread...it is at the top of the Autographs page here, along with some other useful tutorials: http://forums.thebothanspy.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150

My info regarding postage rates is a tad out of date..and after the May 12th rate hike, even more so. Make sure you double check any rates at www.USPS.gov

If you have any questions...just ask. There are plenty of people here who can help. :)

Mazter_Jedi

Your little green friend
I keep seeing things about IRC's. I have gone to all of my local post offices, and either they have never heard of them/didnt carry them, or they dont have any and dont know when they will have more. I checked the USPS web site, and it said that they discontinued IRC's last year. So what can I do?

Jedi_Joel

Agent
Mazter_Jedi;80047 said:
I keep seeing things about IRC's. I have gone to all of my local post offices, and either they have never heard of them/didnt carry them, or they dont have any and dont know when they will have more. I checked the USPS web site, and it said that they discontinued IRC's last year. So what can I do?

Buy stamps for that respective country (which is what I do), and others send cash along in lieu of a SASE.