AT-AT vs. Republic Gunship

Which is a "cooler" vehicle-the AT-AT or the Republic Gunship?

• AT-AT (All Terrain - Armoured Transport)

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Republic Gunship

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
:deal: Heres a poll to separate the men from the boys (and the women from the girls).

The question is: Which is a "cooler" vehicle, the AT-AT or the Republic Gunship?

Before you vote, take a look at AmShak's thread: The Battle of Hoth to help you choose.

Mention below which would you rather drive and which is the better toy (toy from what line).

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
If you think of it in modern terms, which would you rather have - a dozen jets or a couple of tanks?

I'd rather drive the Gunship. The AT-AT is a more original (read: Star Warsy) vehicle and in that sense, it's cooler.

Give me an AT-AT Baby!

The Gunship would be fun to fly but you won't achieve mach speeds or leave the earths atmosphere. It wouldn't maneuver much better than or own modern technology. Plus Parking would get expensive.

An At-At's windshield is too high up for the meter chick to stick a ticket on. It would definately be utterly unique on earth and you can fit a wicked stereo system in it!

Going off topic here.....
Who would win in an aerial battle, a Gunship or an F-18 ? (or that new F-22 for that matter).

Borsk

Administrator
Staff member
Now that I think about it, the gunship is a bit more like a Huey than a jet. My example was bad. :frag:

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I think the AT-AT is much "cooler" in the sense of design, and uniqueness. Not to mention it's psychological impact on enemies. (I'm sure CplFreezer could comment/agree here).

As far as toys go, the Gunship has much more play value, not to mention it "does" things. (i.e. it shoots, it deploys troops, it's doors open automatically). The AT-AT is awesome, but somewhat limited. I guess the Gunship has the advantage of flying. It's very tactile, you hold it, you manuever it, etc. The AT-AT, or any tank or ground toy for matter, just sits there most of the time.

On a side note, I think the overall appearance of the Gunships was inspired by helicopters. S'been a while since I've seen some of the documentaries. :sleep:

IG-PPO

Sith Hamsters Handler
My vote is for the AT-AT. I think the AT-AT could shot down a couple of Gunships before they even hit the AT-AT.

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
The Gunships were based on Helis, that's why they bank the way they do in the movie...

The AT-AT is more strategically valuable since it can target ground to air as well as ground to ground and has armour that would be hard to counteract. and in forming a perimeter around ground troops the AT-AT is by far superior.

AT-AT is cooler and more versatile...

Barada

Saboteur
For all the old-timers on the site - where is Barneyfife to answer this is strategic military terms? :evil:

Barada

Zepp

Interstellar Buccaneer
Originally posted by Barada
For all the old-timers on the site - where is Barneyfife to answer this is strategic military terms? :evil:

Barada

"I can't move my foot. I can't move my foot."

"Shut up Barney or I'll nail your other foot to the floor..."