Applause Episode I Checklist

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's a checklist of E1 products Applause made. This is pretty complete as far as I know. Most of it is from an Applause product insert. I've also added info regarding Cake Decoration versions of the PVCs.

In addition to their retail products, Applause also produced all of the Cup Toppers and toy premiums for TriCo (Taco Bel, KFC, Pizza Hut).

Applause produced a wide range of Episode I products, building on their already established Classic Star Wars product line from previous years. Nicely made, Applause produced some of the best looking E1 products available, as well as some of the toughest peg-warmers collectors won't touch. ;)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Applause Episode I Checklist

14” Mega-Collectibles
Darth Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Qui-Gon Jinn

7” Kid’s Collectibles
Anakin Skywalker (10” scale)
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Watto (10” scale)

10” Character Collectibles
Dath Maul
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Queen Amidala
Qui-Gon Jinn

Banks
Darth Maul (speeder)
Jar Jar Binks (head)

Danglers
Anakin Skywalker’s Podracer
Trade Federation Droid Starfighter
Naboo Starfighter
Trade Federation Tank/AAT
Sebulba’s Podracer
Sith Infiltrator

Puppets
Yoda
Jar Jar Binks

Figurine Gift Set (PVCs) (includes exclusive OOM-9 PVC)

Figurines (PVCs)
Anakin Skywalker
Darth Maul
Destroyer Droid
Jar Jar Binks
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Queen Amidala
Pit Droid
Qui-Gon Jinn

NOTE: PVC’s were also used commercially for cake decorations. The only real difference between the cake decorations and the PVCs are the bases. PVCs have black bases, while cake decorations have tan bases. Exclusively found among the cake decorations is a Watto PVC.

Treasure Keeper
Jar Jar Binks
Queen Amidala
R2-D2
Yoda

Vinyl Keychains
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks

3-D Magnets
Battle Droid/STAP
Jar Jar Binks
Naboo Starfighter
Watto

Vinyl Magnets
Naboo Starfighter

Commuter Cups
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks

Containers (Rubber Cookie Jars)
Darth Maul (bust)
R2-D2

Kid’s Cups
C-3PO
Jar Jar Binks
Anakin Skywalker
Queen Amidala

Sipper Straws
Jar Jar Binks
Pit Droid
R2-D2
Watto

Ceramic Figural Mugs
R2-D2
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks

Medium Plush
Jar Jar Binks
Watto
R2-D2

Small Plush
Jar Jar Binks
Watto

Collectible Pins
Anakin Skywalker
Battle Droid
C-3PO
Darth Maul
Jar Jar Binks
Naboo Starfighter
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Queen Amidala
Qui-Gon Jinn
R2-D2
Star Wars: Episode I

Statues
Darth Maul (Tatooine)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Queen Amidala
Qui-Gon Jinn

Darth Maul (Duel) (Suncoast family exclusive)

Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi - lighted sculpture (aboard the Trade Federation ship)

Duel of the Fates statue (featuring Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Darth Maul)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
If you see any errors or omissions, let me know and I'll correct them. I'll add notes or other details as I come across them.

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Here's a pic of all the PVCs except OOM-9. You know, looking back at these, they suck ;) Sure, they're just plastic chunks, but they don't even look as nice as the Classic SW PVCs did, and those were pretty basic.

The silver lining here is Darth Maul, who almost always looks cool, and the Pit Droid, whihc happens to be action figure scale. He's been on display with my action figs for a few years now.

Notice the tan-based Cake Decoration versions. These are marked DECOPAC on the bottom, not APPLAUSE. Otherwise, Maul and Jar Jar are identical. Watto was only available as a cake decoration.

Attachments

• Applause E1 PVCs.jpg
    Applause E1 PVCs.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 344

r2dee2

New Recruit
GREAT list and great information on the cake decoration figures:) !!!!!

I have a few pictures HERE which show some of the things on your list, including the Suncoast exclusive Maul figure, Tri-Con, Making of an Applause figure, Guardians of Peace, R2 Cookie Jar
Maul Cookie Jar ( I use this one to put candy in at Halloween and the kids seem to enjoy getting their candy out of the head), Tri-Con cups, kids cups, Ceramic cups, Puppets and some Episode I Applause displays at Celebration I.

I'm not sure I see the
Lightsaber Duel statue on your list unless I missed it?

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Wow! Thanks for all the links to your photos!

I do have that statue on the list--it's way at the bottom, last item: Duel fo the Fates. Sadly, that is the only statues in the E1 series I don't own. I bought everything on clearance. I bought the four character statues at a Hastings the same time I saw the Duel staute, and couldn't afford them all. The light-up Qui-Gon Obi statue, however, I snagged fairly cheaply online from some overstock website. :)

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
I found an old product checklist I think I printed from RS. It lists four additional E1 PVC's set to have been released in January 2000. They included:

43153: Boss Nass
43154: Darth Maul (a new one)
43155: Sebulba
43156: Watto

I don't think these were ever produced, with the exception of Watto as a cake decoration. If they were, they are probably quite rare. Anyone seen pics of these or own them?

See above for differences between cake deorations and PVC's. Anyone seen either?

r2dee2

New Recruit
darthskelington, sorry I see the Duel of the Fates listed now:) I think I was thinking that one was the Duel of the Jedi statue by Franklin Mint and knew the Duel of the Fates statue more as Lightsaber Duel. Of course I realize the Duel of the Jedi statue is not Episode I, but I just got the "duel" part in my head!:) :bash: