Anyone going to Celebration3

mynock11

Sith Medic
Im going to be there friday and sat looking maybe to meet up with some familiar names to put faces to...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
Darth Aussie said:
Does anyone want to tee up somewhere to meet?

Tee up as in golf? Or is that an Aussie expression ;) I'm not a golfer ....... but I'm sure the closer we get to C3 the better we can finalize plans to meet up.

I'm at the Econolodge about 1.5 miles north of the convention center, in case anyone was wondering.

mynock11

Sith Medic
I dont think i will have time for golf myself but i would like to meet as many people that i can from the forums i visit.. and i havent finalized my hotel plans yet but i will probably by weeks end...

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
No turning back now. It's Away! Just registered my wife and I. Kinda silly having to 'register' twice and charge the credit card with 2 transactions. As long as I didn't screw something up... Are they only relying on the Yes/No I'm a Star Wars Fan Club memeber? Or will they actually check somehow?

If there is a C IV- someone remind me not to wait until the last minute to register and find a hotel... They are becoming hard to come by.

Anyways- Count me in for Friday and Saturday! :vader: :lightnin:

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Are they only relying on the Yes/No I'm a Star Wars Fan Club memeber? Or will they actually check somehow?

you know that wouldn't really surprise me. seems like i read somewhere that they verified that stuff. i'll have to find my packet of fan club crap, but don't they send out membership cards?

Jedi Freezeman

Infiltrator
AmShak said:
you know that wouldn't really surprise me. seems like i read somewhere that they verified that stuff. i'll have to find my packet of fan club crap, but don't they send out membership cards?

Yes, But I thought when registering for CIII that they would ask for the number on the card or something... There is just a check box asking yes or no if you are a member. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. They are supposed to send a special lanyard for members to get in to certain areas. I wouldn't think that they'd leave it up to honesty...

darthskellington

Dark Lord of the Typos
They say something about it in the FAQ. Basically, you just say yes, and then they doublecheck before mailing out the Fan Club lanyards. That way, people can make sure there membership is up to date at the time of the convention.

Technically I'm not a Fan Club member, but I will be by the end of this week. Whenever I get around to it. :p

mynock11

Sith Medic
Just became a member myself recently(2wks ago).. i hope all my stuff arrives before i go to C3 ... just incase i need my membership card or something..

Darth Boru

Celtic Sith
Does anyone know the area? Maybe there's a landmark where we should all meet up? Forgive me if someone else mentioned this - I've not been on the site for a while and am currently getting through the backlog of posts (16 pages...)

AmShak

Senior Moderator
Staff member
it's been mentioned but no plans have been made (that i am aware of). i'm waiting on some kind of final schedule before i do any kind of "official" TBS plan.